Horror Movies

- open
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

muler0o wrote:a few great 2009 horror movies: seventh moon , paranormal activities , skeptic
will paranormal activities have a screening in germany? I heard it won't
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

Rob Reiner´s North

hard to watch!
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

here are some movies that had stayed in my memory

-bad taste (already posted ;)
-itchiku
-braindead
-martyr
-the thing
-event horizon
-night of the living dead
-re-cycle

... mostly the chinese and japan horror stuff is crazy and often hard to watch ;) ...
mlQ
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mlQ »

i was a big fan of horror movies couple of years ago... but now cant find any good horrors cuz nowadays they are mostly based on some supposed to be freakie monsters and visual effects with shallow storyline and lack of mystery ''dare''...

...and about my personal favorite horrors heres the list:

must put Alfred Hitchcocks movies The Birds and Psycho on first place (pure classics)

next will be Exorcism of Emily Rose

theres also Hostel and Saw which were brilliant until second parts (mostly saw cuz of ''shiting'' more and more)

about what 'KAT mentioned i think ''Requiem for a dream'' aint horrors but surely worth watching (it must be in my top10)

p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
...running around listening to repetitive electronic music...
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

mlQ wrote:
about what 'KAT mentioned i think ''Requiem for a dream'' aint horrors but surely worth watching (it must be in my top10)

p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
... absolutley right ;) ...

... david lynch's Mullholland Drive and Blue Velvet are also strong psychedelic movies that challenge ur mind ...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

mlQ wrote: p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
I totally recommend reading the book also. F*in awesome stuff.
miniKAT wrote:Most horrific films I have ever seen, in order of intensity:
2. Irreversible
AAWF*YEAH! the Irreversible is fucking epic. I don't even know where to start. The beginning titles alone will make your fucking head spin. The opening scene whith the street noises and flying in throught the window and then floating around the room... - VERY fucking awesome camera gymnastics that is. The camerawork of the whole film is totally surreal.
The rape scene in the tunnel - how fucking abnormally long is that scene exactly???. That sht means it had to be filmed in ONE TAKE! And that sht means it had to be "acted" in one take. God damn!
And the ultraviolence alone is worth the watch. Totally recommended.

huh, rant over. One awesome movie that is :D
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Robot Criminal wrote:
mlQ wrote: p.s. if u r lookin' for some ultra-violence movie i greatly recommend you ''A CLOCKWORK ORANGE'' (personal best movie) and has a very good storyline, acting, impressive scenes etc. (-) :arrow: :shock: :arrow: 8)
I totally recommend reading the book also. F*in awesome stuff.
miniKAT wrote:Most horrific films I have ever seen, in order of intensity:
2. Irreversible
AAWF*YEAH! the Irreversible is fcking epic. I don't even know where to start. The beginning titles alone will make your fcking head spin. The opening scene whith the street noises and flying in throught the window and then floating around the room... - VERY fcking awesome camera gymnastics that is. The camerawork of the whole film is totally surreal.
The rape scene in the tunnel - how fcking abnormally long is that scene exactly???. That sht means it had to be filmed in ONE TAKE! And that sht means it had to be "acted" in one take. God damn!
And the ultraviolence alone is worth the watch. Totally recommended.

huh, rant over. One awesome movie that is :D
It is one of the best films (dont know if best is the right word) I have ever seen. I watched it in a theater and I was one of the people that were still watching after the rape scene. Its a film that u wont forget after u walk out of the theater. I sat there for like 10 minutes just pondering what I just witnessed. It is by far one of the most superbly acted and directed films of all time.

Oh and they didnt do it in one take, it just looks like that. Theres a special on the DVD where Gaspar explains a lot of stuff. Watch his other films. Theyre also good.

Also I recommend u watch Come and See or "Idi" Smotri". Russian WW2 film. Right up there with Irreversible.

Oh...and Requiem is horror my friend, much worse horror than any monster movie or gore. Especially if u have experienced that life.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

ha fck yea, also saw it in the cinema the first time. was a :shock:
Haven't watched the extras but the hell it seems as a one take :)

I've watched "requiem" several times and it quite doesn't cut it. Ok, its a good movie and all but its made just a tad too fancy and the main theme really fckin annoys the sht out of me. Love the downhill of the female character though. I think Trainspotters represents all that a whole lot better. And I've experienced that life (some of my friends....)

Иди и смотри sounds good. Will check
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...