EVEN Hawtin struggles to get into Berghain!!

- open
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

came there for the first perlon party in 2008.. this freak at the door denied us entry for not beeing from berlin..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

dubfire_scitec I have to say that the bouncers were TOTAL pricks though and roughed up alot of our crew:-(
about 8 hours ago from Tweetie

dubfire_scitec Berghain was...epic. Davide and Nic were amazing. I did a 6hr set then hung at Panorama Bar till 2pm...hurting now! LOL!
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

I've been there four times and always got in. I'm guessing i got lucky. Last time i was at watergate first and got denied cause they were only letting women and couples in. I'd rather be denied at a club cause the doorman dosen't feel like it then because some guys in the club wan't to pick up girls. And also the atmosphere at berghain is great partly because of the men without shirts, there always in great mood and nice, and if they hit on you and get denied they just say what the hell and go find some one else.

pheek it was probably not because of youre wife, I think Sven is gay but not sure. And i think it's more common for women to be denied at berghain.
Alex Biron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alex Biron »

simply put. their policy is ridiculous. If people are being loud and obnoxious maybe its good to deny. But not normal people because they speak english or dont have the right combo of girls or guys.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

tbh, if I get denied at Berghain I wouldn't give a toss. So many other superb things to do in Berlin, so why get worked up on it, simply go to one of the dozens of other great things there :)
I do agree that door policy can be good, but it's a balancing act really, and Berghain clearly tips over to the 'exagerated' side of the scale. Too bad, I certainly won't drive 900km there to risk not getting in. That's okay, most dj's who play there pass by Fuse or KozzMozz too once a year and there's no door ladida there :)

Kudos for Hawtin to address this openly btw, plenty of other dj's/producers don't open their mouth about wrong things in the scene just because they don't want to lose bookings or whatever. granted, Hawtin doesn't have to worry about getting booked, but still, at least he steps up.
G3rard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by G3rard »

I went after a night in Watergate, totally wasted with 2 of my mates who are typical Welsh Valleys boys. When we got there the bouncer took my mobile phone out thinking it was a camera and we couldnt understand a word he was saying. So some German girl jumped to our rescue a german and explained it was a camera phone and he let us in, with the only warning if he catches me using the camera I was out. Then when we went up to Panorama Bar Richie Hawtin walked past with a beautiful young lady on each arm which was very surreal.

Loved Panorama and the sheer scale of the building is very impressive but the place is definately an eye opener if your not used to that sort of thing. My one mate was scared to go to the toilet and the other got lost and ended up in an ice cream bar full of semi- naked men lol.
Last edited by G3rard on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miniKAT »

Twilo used to be like that.

I like that sh!t. Makes you feel better about yourself. If u get in that is. If u dont of course, u might as well go and hang yourself cause theres no room for losers like u on this earth.

I mean the trick usually (wherever I've been) is to have a hot girl with u, dont look all shook or over confident and dont say sh!t unless necesarry.
daniellesniewski
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by daniellesniewski »

G3rard wrote:When we got there the bouncer took my mobile phone out thinking it was a camera and we couldnt understand a word he was saying. So some German girl jumped to our rescue a german girl and explained it was a camera phone and he let us in, with the only warning if he catches me using the camera I was out.
i'd hate to go to a club and have to worry about little things like that. im not the happy snappy type when it comes to cameras, but jesus christ, let people do their own thing!!!

.....apart from whistle in time to tunes; i want to poke people who do that in the eye