What kind of laptop are you using?

- ask away
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

http://calacanis.com/2009/08/08/the-cas ... ive-parts/

there u go. Get a mac :)

I'm concidering getting a quadcore dell precision m4400 myself right now...
though a bit concerned about the heat issues that might arise :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
minormal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minormal »

A very small price to pay for such a great product! That list would be a whole lot better if it was discussing Microsofts cooperative decisions from the past 10 years.
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

White 13" Macbook. 2.0 core2duo 2gb ram.

I love it! It's so much nicer to use than the dell I use on occasion at work. Thinner, nicer keyboard, plus OS X is great. I use it mostly for web surfing and traktor + omnicontrol. The two finger scrolling when checking email and web surfing is the best thing to happen to laptops.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

before I had my MacBook I had a HP DV4000 with Windows XP. Never ever let me down and I played with Final Scratch on it, sometimes up for 10 hours straight. I also made music on it with Ableton and Reason rewired. Never had any problem.

The only reason I switched was because it was actually a laptop i nicked from my misses so she finally wedged it from my hands. Still works fine btw.

So, if you don't go Mac (which has its own annoying cons as well, despite what the fanboys say, Apple = Minus ;) ), I'd try a HP for sure. They are simple, but they work just perfectly. I've owned two desktop Dell pc's and would never ever buy them again, not impressed with those at all unfortunately.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

G3rard wrote:
hydrogen wrote:I was hardcore pc user... but just switched from lenovo t60 hardware to macbookpro. :oops:
hydrogen is that good :oops: or a bad :oops: ?

:)
I'm really not sure yet... haha. I guess I was just pointing out that I couldn't recommend getting a pc because the the new t60 hardware. I probably would have upgraded to a new lenovo... but I heard bad things about them(crappy keyboards, bad hardware design(The new ones aren't as slick as the older)) :(

...Basically everybody is yelling MAC! I wanted to try it out and get a clearer picture of what everyone is clamoring about. Just got Serato running and live installed. So far so good. :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lauschpegel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lauschpegel »

I've got a samsung q45 core duo 1.83 ghz, 3 gb ram.
works perfect with ableton (also with more than 10 tracks and several vsts)

but hands off vista :shock:
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

I was recently on the hunt for a laptop and although tempted by the dell specs the build quality has a bad rep. In the end I got a Sony Vaio BZ11XN as it has all the processor power and ram that you need plus because it comes with vista buisness you can downgrade the os to xp without voiding your guarantee. Very sturdy, fast and considerably affordable laptop without all the unnecessary frills. It even has a firewire slot

Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 / 2.26 GHz ( Dual-Core )
RAM - 3 GB (installed) / 4 GB (max) - DDR2 SDRAM ( 1 x 1 GB + 1 x 2 GB )
Hard Drive - 200 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpmP