Sounding like nothing..

- ask away
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Sounding like nothing..

Post by upekah »

Hey Dudes,

After I made a few trax just to get the overall feel right.. and after reading some synth Tutorials , I am trying to do my own sound now...

I kinda made some cool bass sounds and drums but ever if I listen to them.. they sound like... nothing!
If I listen to a Gaiser Kick , I know it's a Gaiser Kick.. and if I listen to a Tim Xavier Vocal I know it's his... even if I got the same sound there must be some magic behind that...

What am I doing wrong? I tried much parameters and tried modulating everything but it simply doesn't do that,
This must be something which isnt only mastering but maybe only a blockade b/c I know the tunes are by them...

cheers
Pascal
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
datalus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by datalus »

you need this plugin:

in all seriousness, though, and this may sound so inept/nubile/etc. but just experiment with your own ideas and use your own ears. everyone has their own way of processing/editing/creating audio, eventually your own sound should arise. i know when i first started my stuff sounded pretty bland, but now (and im by no means an expert/guru at this) i'm starting to notice my own sonic fingerprint arising out of each new track/loop i make.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

these people devoloped their sound over years man. Over time you will stubble upon effect chains and patterns that you really like and you will end up using them frequently. You cant just sit down and make your own sound. It is developed over years of techniques learned and applied.

Just be patient and have fun making groovy beats. Over time youll have your own style.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i concur. time is the thing for most producers to find their own style i think.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

just make tunes and don't try to be anyone else. you will start to notice your sound once your got some tunes done. as long as your not trying to emulate anyone else your own sound should come naturally to you, don't try and force it.
sherman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sherman »

Try splitting the time you spend making sounds / patches, and the time you spend making tunes. Nothing halts my progress more than getting lost trying to find 'that perfect sound for this one bit' :?

On the same note, don't be afraid to spend an afternoon with an instrument just making patches. Sometimes I get inspiration purely from playing with a cool sound I just made.

HTH
-- sherman
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

this is really nice topic, thanks everyone for their kind advices....
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

isaaclevy wrote:this is really nice topic, thanks everyone for their kind advices....
Indeed! Instead of just twiddling around parameters , I am now more LISTENING to the sounds I am doing and it really helps if you got something in your mind THANKS! This Forum is awesome :lol:
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.