re:produce 005: AOE | An Innovative Sample Series + 50% Off

- ask away
mnj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mnj »

the same way giving someone a bunch of synths will help them. it increases their pallete.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

mnj wrote:the same way giving someone a bunch of synths will help them. it increases their pallete.
lol!!!
Some of the hottest stuff i've heard in my life has been done with nothing more than a 303 and a 909.

Just simply handing something to somebody does not necessarily help them. Allot of the guys i know are protective of their sound and will keep it locked up tight for people they don't know but if they find somebody who is willing to put in the work 1 on 1 they will help them.

Honestly i think the best thing to help this music progress on the teaching end is more 1 on 1 instruction and less machines in between. the learning experience needs to be much less impersonal.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

theres loads of free loops out there though. and loads of records too sample from (are people too lazy to do this now?)

i just don't see what the point of this is, outside of it being a way for a producer and company to generate an alternative stream of income, which is none of my business i suppose. but the words "produce" and "innovate" or "fresh" or "hottest" or "top names" or whatever are just marketing buzzwords right? their relationship to the product is dubious, imo.

i haven't heard the loops or i don't know the producers either. i still don't get why its different than someone getting a sample from somewhere, well, apart from the fact that loads of other people would be using the same sample if they also bought this pack.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Lobotomy Records wrote:And by the way, the amount of support and excitement and enthusiasm from all the artists involved is overwhelming! Never have I seen such support for a project like this! But then again, I'm sure you will find some way of debunking that, since you know exactly the relationships we build with our guests and friends...
Komposit, you need to figure out a way to market this towards commercial producers. Thats where the money is at... selling this current sound to large audio houses could make you more bank than this niche market of making techno records.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Lobotomy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lobotomy Records »

New pack from TOWMF - check the updated thread
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

Never have I heard such elitism in all my life. The guys sorting a sample CD to HELP people start with some tracks, he's not causing the death of creativity.

I personally have no problem with sample CD's its what you do with them that counts. Having a TR909 or TR808 is the same principle, its essentially the same concept, just different in dynamics.

Good luck mate. :)
Lobotomy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

gowans wrote:Never have I heard such elitism in all my life. The guys sorting a sample CD to HELP people start with some tracks, he's not causing the death of creativity.

I personally have no problem with sample CD's its what you do with them that counts. Having a TR909 or TR808 is the same principle, its essentially the same concept, just different in dynamics.

Good luck mate. :)
Thank you my friend! Yeah it's pretty funny really - just have to laugh at the end of the day and keep believing in what we're doing and the artists we are working with :)

Great things to come including a Resident Advisor review, Magazine reviews, more distribution and more more more! yippee :D
Lobotomy Records
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

New release out now from KAZELL! Check the updated main post