Back to vinyl?

- open
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by . »

prussell wrote:synthesizers/drum machines/outboard effects boxes/etc = hardware

computers/software = software
My mistake, thanks for clear my doubts :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

prussell wrote:synthesizers/drum machines/outboard effects boxes/etc = hardware

computers/software = software
thank you ...

:)
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

gustafsson wrote:I only say some of the arguments are amusing because in fact they only
show there is no logic ,once more
And therein, perhaps, lies the point that you may be missing in your arguments: it's not about logic.

For many of us, the experience and appreciation of art through this particular physical medium is not a logical exercise; it is first and foremost an emotional experience.
Last edited by miroslav on Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

emotional response.
^^
very well put...

it's not a debate of who's right and wrong...

it's a matter of feeling, preference..

& appreciation..
Timur Litvinov
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Timur Litvinov »

john clees wrote:people will ALWAYS buy vinyl - myself included.....

sure others may view the medium of using computers : and that's ok..

can't tell you the feeling it was going to a house party the other day, playing all vinyl, and listening to people talking about how "real dj's" use vinyl... : and the idea of computers syncing tracks ect.. it was funny to me, but at the same time, I was very glad I invested the money on the vinyl (and shipping) that I did to have in my collection..

some people buy fancy things, some people buy fancy cloths, some people buy vinyl...

perhaps its just as simple as being one of life's simple pleasures that one may enjoy..

it's not for everyone to agree with or share the same view..

it sure is wonderful for those that appreciate..

the (art) of vinyl : in and of itself..
Beautiful words
+1
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Themis wrote:why do you call us stubborn believers?

you can read in this topic that many people played digital and felt that they have less fun so the changed back.

again there is no stubborn attitude, there is fun and no fun
for every vinyl lover that changed back, there are probably 3 that turn away from vinyl to digital. It's clear to see that less people are playing vinyl: just go to any club or simply watch the sales numbers of the labels.

But I didn't mean stubborn in a negative way, more like determined. I also still buy vinyl so I am all for it. I'm just being realistic at the same time. You can already start to see in our country that clubs don't even put turntables in the booth anymore, just CDJ's. I mean, that's kinda a downer if you arrive with your record bag, innit. In commercial clubs you already can't find any vinyl anymore.
But still, what I mean with stubborn is that there will always be a small but determined group that will simply keep on playing the format regardless of what happens. I just hope that in two or three years there will be enough labels left that actually put their music on vinyl. Because if there are only a few people buying it, there aren't enough shops that can make a living, so product doesn't reach customer, so label won't invest in vinyl. that's basic economic reality and that applies to vinyl as well (unfortunately).

Kiani: it's the old USA Import building in Antwerp, Yves De Ruyter and some others are reopening the shop so should be a pretty okay store. Opening is on 1st September.
gustafsson
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gustafsson »

miroslav wrote:
gustafsson wrote:I only say some of the arguments are amusing because in fact they only
show there is no logic ,once more
And therein, perhaps, lies the point that you may be missing in your arguments: it's not about logic.

For many of us, the experience and appreciation of art through this particular physical medium is not a logical exercise; it is first and foremost an emotional experience.
I know my english is far from perfect ,but if u read the whole post
you will see i have written things like

its all a matter of taste , buy whatever makes you happy
So what u are saiyng i have said using a different phrase composition
besides its much better to say exactly that
t is first and foremost an emotional experience.[/quote]

than using arguments with no logic , just to try to defend your point of view. This second option is amusing and this is all i am saying.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

I prefer vinyl for a couple of reasons.
-I enjoy the hunt for a record that i don't own
-70% of the records i own are not in digital format
-vinyl sounds better, much warmer and the low end almost always pops more off of a record
-vinyl doesn't crash
-if a record label is not confident enough in their own releases to throw money behind them to try to put them on vinyl then most likely i don't want to buy it anyways