who here can mix this the best?

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

OK, i'm done, so now where do I post it. I have an .mp3 file and an ALS file!! Lots of fun by the way!!
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

Just PM me to get an e-mail address to send your completed mix project.

I have uploaded my mix to get the ball rolling. (see first post in thread)

Here is what I did:
-tiny bit of ambience reverb on the hats and slight panning
-double the snare and clap samples with teh saem samples pitched down -1. The pairs of samples were panned hard l/r and a delay was added manually to them in the midi clip.
-All drum tracks bussed and then compressed with parallel compression.
-pad slightly panned and grouped with the ambience track.
-ambience+pad bus has a bit of stereo reverb on it with a compressor after it side chained by the kick drum.
-bass has a bit of saturator on it to add harmonics to the sine wave.
-Synth part was doubled, panned hard and then one side delayed to create stereo effect. Both parts hpf with eq. A little eq on the group to remove some muddiness. A little offset added to the pingpongdelay to make it more shuffled.
-the master track has a little bit of eq and some light compression to pull everything together.

WARNING: I am not monitoring in an acoustically ideal room. I could have made all sorts bad eq and level judgments. I look forward to any and all critical feedback so that myself and others can learn from potential mistakes.
boudo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by boudo »

This could be very interesting. Me and my friend are gonna take a stab at it tonight. Neither of us are really any good at mixing, but this could be a good opportunity to learn and share ideas. Unfortunately, our studio isn't acoustically ideal right now, but what the hell, it'll be fun anyway
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

intellijel wrote:Just PM me to get an e-mail address to send your completed mix project.
What's the point then? Aren't message boards supposed to spread knowledge? Why doesn't everyone post an MP3 online so that people can listen to the differences at least?
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

Brian Ffar wrote:
intellijel wrote:Just PM me to get an e-mail address to send your completed mix project.
What's the point then? Aren't message boards supposed to spread knowledge? Why doesn't everyone post an MP3 online so that people can listen to the differences at least?
dude, look at my first post I have already shared two mixes! (I am putting them all there) I will also render them as mp3's so it is quick to listen to them without having to download/open the project.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

would be cool when you are finished to make a flash player to switch between the different mixes. :)

btw... don't know where to send this to... i passed you a pm.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by intellijel »

hydrogen wrote:would be cool when you are finished to make a flash player to switch between the different mixes. :)
will do this defnitely!
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Yeah, I thing posting the mp3's somewhere would be a good idea, be it here on this site or on intelligel's site.