The Age Old Question...

- open
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

cloutier wrote:
you want to talk about even less of a discernible difference its 24 vs 16 bit. now we're just getting geeky in a "my file is better than yours" weightless debate, if you ask me.
thought so. thanks.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

miniKAT wrote:Well if I ever become a serious DJ I'll keep that in mind, for now I'll play a 192 every now and then in hopes that the sickness of the track will hide the sub-par quality of my shameful 192 encoded mp3.

According to ur analysis of the current club goers, there shouldnt be anyone who would notice anyway.
Damn straight. That was some serious analysis, too. Just so we're clear: I'm really serious, and I know serious DJ people, dude. Bitches, they love my seriousness. It's serious business, this DJing thing. So don't laugh. Alright? Seriously.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

cloutier wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
miniKAT wrote: Finally, some real sht...for lack of a better term
????

They had Dettmann and Fengler like 2 months or so ago.
yeah, i didn't want to get in to it, but...where you been the last year?

http://www.beyondbooking.com/thebunker/galleries.asp
Looks like a great party.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

::BLM:: wrote:
cloutier wrote:
iainkerr7 wrote:
miniKAT wrote: Finally, some real sht...for lack of a better term
????

They had Dettmann and Fengler like 2 months or so ago.
yeah, i didn't want to get in to it, but...where you been the last year?

http://www.beyondbooking.com/thebunker/galleries.asp
Looks like a great party.
x2, makes me wanna go back to nyc...
atomik_snail
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by atomik_snail »

Does anyone know how to download the "beyondbooking" podcasts cause it dosen't work for me :cry:
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

atomik_snail wrote:Does anyone know how to download the "beyondbooking" podcasts cause it dosen't work for me :cry:
cry no more. they're available here.
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

My thread got hijacked!! You guys missed your calling, you should be crashing planes into buildings or something. What a waste of talent. You should forget this whole minimal thing and slap on a black hood and a green banana.

About MP3...
john clees wrote:I could favor 256 before 320 .. however my verdict is still open on this ..
Its interesting you say that. I have sometimes thought that MP3 sound better at 265 then 320. Its counter-intuitive but a lot of things in life are.

Nobody seems to have piped up in favor of VBR. The reason this subject made me curious is because someone gave me a Osunlade track that was done in VBR. It bitrate is over 600 kbs and it sounds really good. I started reading about this whole thing a lot of audiophiles swear by best quality VBR.

When the track is complex it allocates more information to that section and when its not complex it uses less. I have read that VBR can actually produce better reproduction then 320 CBR. 320 CBR is limited to 320 no matter what regardless of the complexity. Apparently this means that extremely complex sections of a file will actually have a lower quality even at 320 CBR.

Wrong forum to be asking I guess...
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:You guys missed your calling, you should be crashing planes into buildings or something.
not even remotely funny.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier