website about the history of EDM

- open
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

website about the history of EDM

Post by Kiani »

Hi,

I remember some site which had the history of dance music put very visually with circles denoting genres and arrows going from these circles to others denoting what evolved from what... but i can't find it anywhere...

any help?

Thanks!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

i hope you dont mean that ishkur guide :P

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

Yeah that's the one :)

It's crap, I know, but it's funny how he disses minimal and stuff, somebody showed me this some years ago and i just thought of it this afternoon...

Thanks anyway!
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

It's not crap, it's just not serious. It's actually very useful information but I wouldn't count on it as an entirely accurate history of electronic music.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Some people in Belgium are busy setting up a sort of Wikipedia of the history of dance music of Belgium, Red Bull Elektropedia or something like that. Should be online next month and will feature everything from articles about clubs and artists, labels to even mixtapes from ye ol' days :)
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

PsyTox wrote:Some people in Belgium are busy setting up a sort of Wikipedia of the history of dance music of Belgium, Red Bull Elektropedia or something like that. Should be online next month and will feature everything from articles about clubs and artists, labels to even mixtapes from ye ol' days :)
Nice project!

But since it's from Belgium, I bet the extremely overrated electroclash movement will suck up alot of the attention...
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

and why do belgium?
its all about the rhythm
laurens
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by laurens »

Kiani wrote:
PsyTox wrote:Some people in Belgium are busy setting up a sort of Wikipedia of the history of dance music of Belgium, Red Bull Elektropedia or something like that. Should be online next month and will feature everything from articles about clubs and artists, labels to even mixtapes from ye ol' days :)
Nice project!

But since it's from Belgium, I bet the extremely overrated electroclash movement will suck up alot of the attention...
well then stop whining and do something about that overrated crap ;-). weve been complaining for too many years now its time for action and this elektropedia is part of a nice start .