Dj Bone interview (bring some hate)

- open
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Atheory wrote:is reggie dokes from detroit? i love him.

john and torque whats going on! get a room already.
haha...

yes he was from detroit. thanks for mention him, I should try to contact him soon. I believe reggie has moved to LA or at least in that direction, or was in that directly and perhaps may be somewhere down south. - I think.. it's been years since I spoke with him.. I completely forgot about him. He's a very very down to earth guy..

well you finally did respond, and secondly I was just curious and other people were as well.. I was just having a little fun after you so choose to tell someone..
Torque nut sacks wrote:First off Miroslav, go fck yourself......

that was my motive..
.:D

If you didn't want to comment after making such a bold statement then back peddle and say I don't wish to share.. but saying EVERYBODY was a little drastic.. I was just asking it's that simple..

and lastly, relax seamus... I know cliff personally and it was an ironic joke.. and blm I'm gleamed with joy you are such an adult - over on on dluv people edit other peoples post and change custom titles daily..

I would expect to get anyone's approval I assure you..
Last edited by John Clees on Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

and finally,

please cliff I have no issue telling you anything as Im saying & writing in person. please put down the bad ass routine..

p.s. I have nothing to hide and in fact I've saved my post...

it wasn't ment to offend any one of color but in a response to how you so boldly state or act to me in my opinion; as you know everything about the history of detroit which happens to a based on a lot of black producers....

it's not that big of an issue what I've stated as it's below.
Torque wrote:
John.......wtf?

That's retarded

Nobody is mad at Rich and Bone wasn't even talking about him in the article.
hahaha..

well I'd hope not (now) : it's been 20 years...that's one heck of a grudge. also richie IS associated with minimal so in an INdirect way, if you ask me, those cheap shot stabs AT MINIMAL MUSIC in general are EVERY WAY associated with richie. HOW COULD THEY NOT BE..?

my comment wasn't specifically direct at bone for the record.

you know as well as I do (in general) the black community in the early 90's hated on richie, and perhaps still do, i.e interviews. I think I once read a derick may interview where it specifically mentioned richie, the black community, and how richie was some white guy from canada coming over to detroit and then "stealing" their sound..

I know you worked with mad mike @ ur and your thoughts are very based on their thoughts. I'm sure this stance that you take is far from coming to that conclusion based on your own experience and nothing more than their thoughts leaking over into your molded opinion now. as many people know mad mike is one of the most opinionated people on the planet.

it's obvious you're on their (picking sides) band wagon but come on cliff you know the "pioneers" of detroit techno all thought this.. and have mentioned hatred toward richie is numerous interviews. I think one movie that was released on dvd within the last few years, derrick says in a video the exactly thing Ive mentioned above. it's no secret cliff.

Im NOT on anyone's side, just sharing truth. I have no motive but to share the truth. I'm not going to have backwards conversation on this : its already know. respond, Im sure you will but your picking sides not based on truth but based on being taught to think a certain way.

Torque wrote: of course there ar Everybody knows the people he is talking about it's not a secret. That interview was targeted at certain people. If you ain't one of 'em then there's nothing to be mad about. I understand not liking the attitude because it doesn't seem very productive. However, peoples emotions run very high on this subject around here and allot of these cats are sick of being dicked around with. Think about how you would feel if you were on the other side.

care to elaborate on "the people" he's talking about..?

everyone doesn't know. please try to forgive me... I didn't have my black, detroit techno, pioneer, decoder ring on...

* meaning, I dont know who he's all talking about, I dont know him, and therefore any conclusion I would make would be based on a huge assumption on my part.

* again this was in no way based on color but how you seem to be the some sort of self proclaimed KNOW all of detroit due to your history cliff... nothing more - nothing less...

mr. know all in the detroit black community because you worked under the ur umbrella for a few summers..you have such arrogance on so many topics it's completely obvious you mind has been washed with someone else's point of view and not your own. you tend to speak matter of fact vs. sharing a point of view. you're so programmed... try to tone it down a notch.. Please.

I mean no disrespected but your matter of fact stance kills me.

haha this is comical to me. I apologize.

serious question.

lol
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Anybody that's mad at Rich for doing this techno thing is a moron regardless of who the fck they are. If you think Mike is one of 'em you know even less then i thought.
Everybodys opinion is swayed by who they're around most of the time including yours. When you hang out with mostly white suburban minimal kids you're just as likely to take up their opinion over time as i would be hanging around urban black producers. Get a grip dude, you have a non-argument. Still with that being the case, i think the way i do because i do and it's not going to change because you don't agree. I don't give a sh!t if you agree. You can think what you want. This building is actually full of Richie fans believe it or not. There's not one dj here that doesn't have damn near everything he's ever done. Submerge has been selling M_nus and Plus 8 records out of the shop since before me or you even heard it. Rich also has most everything that's come out of here.
The divisions you seem to put up between people here are of your own imagination.
You act like i'm just some white kid that decided to just all of the sudden to go out and hang with a bunch of inner city black guys.

Give it a rest dude. The longer you act like a choad the more obvious it'll become what this sh!t is all about for you.

If you want to have a conversation about this stuff i'll be happy to do it in person. There's allot of sh!t i'm just not going to talk about on the internet.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

john clees wrote:
Atheory wrote:

that was my motive..

If you didn't want to comment after making such a bold statement then back peddle and say I don't wish to share.. but saying EVERYBODY was a little drastic.. I was just asking it's that simple..

and lastly, relax seamus... I know cliff personally and it was an ironic joke.. and blm I'm gleamed with joy you are such an adult - over on on dluv people edit other peoples post and change custom titles daily..

The reason i told homeboy to go fck himself is because i didn't like his tone, nothing more and nothing less.
I admit that not everything i've ever said has ever been said without some emotion involved. If i feel like saying nothing more about it you should respect that instead of being a twat about it. Anybody on Dluv would have come up with something about 10x more clever than this. I'm not mad about it i'm just not impressed.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

you didn't like his tone : so you tell him to go fck himself.. very classy cliff. I suppose that is how you were raised.. it wasn't suppose to make you mad it was suppose to annoying you.

you're being a rude asshole on here and furthermore I find it humorous you're extended rant again about how "things are" it's just your opinion of the matter.. try to relax a bit.. You speak such bold things but then don't choose to even respond when I just asked a very very simple question in the first place cliff..

when you say "people here" you seem to assume I'm speaking about mike or bone for that matter which is not the case.. stop playing that horn because it's easily suits your argument - that's a joke.

thank you for sharing your thoughts cliff.. and name calling is fantastic after you tell me to keep it civil... Im sure that ego of yours is much too hard to ignore so I will not continue to project that back at you.. for it would be much much too easy....

I agree using the internet as a platform is not always the best way to "attempt to communicate emotions" hence me removing my post.. just to be simpler..

and for the record I never ONCE assumed mike had any thoughts or ill will toward richie. In the end business is business and selling records put $$ in their own pocket..

it was based from older interview of derick may and or what I've gathered. you continue to spin this into an attack on mike or bone which isn't even what was mentioned.. .

my rant and thoughts were more based with "reading another hatred" interview and it coming from someone from detroit...

same old story / enough is enough already... x 100

EDIT:

to my old pal clifford... it's been my pleasure...

* as we laugh and chit chat on msn once again...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

john clees wrote:
Atheory wrote:is reggie dokes from detroit? i love him.

john and torque whats going on! get a room already.
haha...

yes he was from detroit. thanks for mention him, I should try to contact him soon. I believe reggie has moved to LA or at least in that direction, or was in that directly and perhaps may be somewhere down south. - I think.. it's been years since I spoke with him.. I completely forgot about him. He's a very very down to earth guy..

well you finally did respond, and secondly I was just curious and other people were as well.. I was just having a little fun after you so choose to tell someone..

that was my motive..

That doesnt make it right though does it?
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

::BLM:: wrote:That doesnt make it right though does it?
Agreed!

how does that ol' saying go about arguing over teh internets huh? :roll:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

Torque wrote:The reason i told homeboy to go fck himself is because i didn't like his tone, nothing more and nothing less.
Well I didn't like your tone either. And I still don't. But even though this is just an internet forum where most of us are strangers, your choice of words in response to someone's "tone" still says a little something to the world about your maturity and civility. But hey, you're free to be whoever you want to be... it's just an observation, homeboy.