looking for stuff like sasha - coma

- open
RollModel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

looking for stuff like sasha - coma

Post by RollModel »

Hi people. :)

I'm looking for some music with minimal beats but really atmospheric and melodic. I'm not really looking for choppy riffs, more like slow, evolving and colourful sounds. A good example of what I'm after is sasha - coma.

Can anyone recommend some artists, albums or livesets that lean towards this style?

Thanks ;)
nierika
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nierika »

Who's "sasha?"
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

nierika wrote:Who's "sasha?"
he's a trance dj.
RollModel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by RollModel »

Hey guys, yeah you say 'trance' but I heard this track in a minimal set and he seems to be producing in that style. Any ideas?
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

You should check out some of the stuff on the 'Minus' label. Probably a good starting point if you're new to 'minimal' and like the 'darker' sound.
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

RollModel wrote:Hey guys, yeah you say 'trance' but I heard this track in a minimal set and he seems to be producing in that style. Any ideas?
he is a trance superhero/god though. i dunno, my advice would be, forget minimal, its too late, its been too stale for years, its not moving forward, forget trance too.

get some old chicago house records and some early detroit records and the perlon backcatalog. listen to them for a year, and then start with new music again.
miniKAT
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: looking for stuff like sasha - coma

Post by miniKAT »

RollModel wrote:Hi people. :)

I'm looking for some music with minimal beats but really atmospheric and melodic. I'm not really looking for choppy riffs, more like slow, evolving and colourful sounds. A good example of what I'm after is sasha - coma.

Can anyone recommend some artists, albums or livesets that lean towards this style?

Thanks ;)
Forget all that, This is the future!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbJFlQKNXis
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »