wokends
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Sound Library/Collection

Post by wokends »

Hi :)
Do you have one?
What do you have? Samples, Vst-Presets?
How big is? (in mb and in number of sounds)
Do you update it regulary?

sorry if this thread was already done, i used the search function but i dont see anything related.
Magnus Mollin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Magnus Mollin »

- -smurf
JonasEdenbrandt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JonasEdenbrandt »

I have one called vintage drum machines that i use some. Then i have a library of ableton patches that i just saved along the way while making tracks this includes a few operator kicks, some white noize and so on, then i have a library of samples from records and around the house sounds, i use alot of pads like strings and stuff that i chop to make synth sounds and also i like to enforce drums with the tops from sampled material.
wokends
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

:)

Post by wokends »

Magnus Mollin wrote:- -smurf
why do you edited your post dude?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

My sound lib is about 70gb at the moment.
Profiler
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Profiler »

I have about 100 gig worth of samples but i'd say 90% of it is total gash, stuff I've grabbed off magazine disks, just dont have the time to go through it all. I tend to keep returning to the same folders for basics like kiks n hits etc. I find that I reuse my own samples alot more these days, alotg more satisfying
six_minds
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by six_minds »

I have the NI stuff... I like the acoustic percussion samples of esoteric instruments that I otherwise wouldn't have easy access too... Not sure how big it is... Don't use all (most) of the stuff.
LouisVee
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by LouisVee »

Profiler wrote:I have about 100 gig worth of samples but i'd say 90% of it is total gash, stuff I've grabbed off magazine disks, just dont have the time to go through it all. I tend to keep returning to the same folders for basics like kiks n hits etc. I find that I reuse my own samples alot more these days, alotg more satisfying
Exactly the same!