Chin Stroking

- open
Hutch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Chin Stroking

Post by Hutch »

So what genre makes you chin scratch the most?? For me in the states it is electro house. I am almost at the point in which I would rather hear Sasha Von Okenfold than electro house hipster wannabee rave commercial garbage. How does someone take electro home or jesus posing trance with them and sleep at night? I know the states are different than Europe and you euros prolly have garbage that isn't even known here yet. One of my chacracter defects is calling out crap and I am an asshole on prejudging individuals on terrible music taste. But who I am I to judge? Anyone have any ideas for not getting angry for certain genres sucking :)
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

I don't understand the name of the genre.

It doesn't sound like any house or electro I've ever heard before. :lol:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

This guy, his type, his ways and his music makes me scratch my chin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c9gik5JaXY
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Celltek wrote:This guy, his type, his ways and his music makes me scratch my chin...

Does he make you scratch your chin to the next level? :lol:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

Hutch, if you hate elektro house (or elektroclash, or fidget house, whatever you want to call it), DON'T come to Belgium. Over here it's everywhere. Even on daytime national radio.

Personally I think it's the same story as with every genre: 99% utter crap, 1% decent tunes. A friend of mine ( part of the Ed&Kim duo) is really into that stuff, but he really plays pretty amazing stuff (and tries to convert me ;) ). He also does his own nights and truely brings less known but gifted producers that production-qualitywise would blow a lot of mnml and techno producers out of the water.
Unfortunately, most people into that style are quite the opposite and choose the worst tracks first. Worst one I've heared so far: Crookers remix of Chemical brother's "Salmon Song". The original is a gigantic fart and even then Crookers manage to make an even worse version of it. Oh boy.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Celltek wrote:This guy, his type, his ways and his music makes me scratch my chin...

you dont know the half of it mate..
zkreso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zkreso »

Most electro house stuff sounds like they used too much compression to me.
net stop wuauserv
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

with compression you mean cocaine, right? :P