Roland MC-505 anyone

- ask away
Brankis
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brankis »

definitely machinedrum if you want glitch... jomox xbase if you want balls. it took me some time but i absolutely love my machinedrum and im sure i havent even tapped half of the features yet. despite what some say, you can get beautiful kicks out of the md, specifically the TRX bassdrum can do wonders
computer controlled
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by computer controlled »

$100 for the MC-505? That was a steal! It's got a great synthesis engine in it. With a bit of patience, you can get some amazing sounds out of it. Nice score!
Synths:
SH-101.TB-303.Juno-1.EuroRack Modular Synth.Evolver.TX81Z.CZ-101
Drum Machines:
TR-707.Machinedrum UWmkI
And Various Effects
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

$100 for the MC-505? That was a steal! It's got a great synthesis engine in it. With a bit of patience, you can get some amazing sounds out of it. Nice score!
It was 150 the guy was like o some one is giving me 140 i was like no way ill give u 150 lol still pretty damm cheap i been able to do some sick noises whit it pretty awesome :P
computer controlled
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by computer controlled »

Yeah, still a good score, i but i bet he was bullshitting you =o]
Synths:
SH-101.TB-303.Juno-1.EuroRack Modular Synth.Evolver.TX81Z.CZ-101
Drum Machines:
TR-707.Machinedrum UWmkI
And Various Effects
xxmmxx
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xxmmxx »

oh the memories....i stared out on an mc505 back in 2001.. at the time i was making (well.. trying to make) ferry corsten inspired trance... and i was always frustrated by the lack of proper JP 8000 style synth sounds on there, and the inability to load samples/sounds into it really frustrated me. It was fun making loops on it but to make a release quality song from start to finish on it is incredibly hard because of its limitations with regards to FX / lack of mastering / crappy presets. As soon as i discovered the existence of VSTs in 2003 i ended up selling the thing and i never missed it. if it came into my life again im sure i'd be able to make some cool tech house/minimal stuff on it today thanks to my experience in production over the years, but sooner or later i would get annoyed with its outdated sounds. If you're having fun with it through then i'm happy for you.. I'd love to hear some of the stuff you are making on it.. both for nostalgia reasons as well as to hear what its capable with regards to minimal music! :)
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

I actually sold it and got a MC-909 :D that thing is so sick
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

xxmmxx wrote:oh the memories....i stared out on an mc505 back in 2001.. at the time i was making (well.. trying to make) ferry corsten inspired trance... and i was always frustrated by the lack of proper JP 8000 style synth sounds on there, and the inability to load samples/sounds into it really frustrated me. It was fun making loops on it but to make a release quality song from start to finish on it is incredibly hard because of its limitations with regards to FX / lack of mastering / crappy presets. As soon as i discovered the existence of VSTs in 2003 i ended up selling the thing and i never missed it. if it came into my life again im sure i'd be able to make some cool tech house/minimal stuff on it today thanks to my experience in production over the years, but sooner or later i would get annoyed with its outdated sounds. If you're having fun with it through then i'm happy for you.. I'd love to hear some of the stuff you are making on it.. both for nostalgia reasons as well as to hear what its capable with regards to minimal music! :)
snap, but i turned to the electribes around 03, then a computer in 06

hated the way you had to save all patches on the 505 after creating a pattern