Producing using Audio 4 DJ as audio interface ???

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

isaaclevy wrote:
hydrogen wrote:you probably won't be able to connect it directly. You are going to get linelevel outs from the kontrol.

I would suggest getting a small mixer b4 your monitors so you have volume control on the mixer.
I do that (Audio 8DJ) but a friend of mine insist on telling me not to do it...he says i loose audio quality from the soundcard to the monitors with the mixer beteewn.....

how true is that?
i wouldn't worry about that. if it's a good quality mixer it will be fine.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

ok...thanks tone D.

i mentinoned this in another tipic a while ago, lo..ut i was still worried....

i was checking that nano patch..i think i need one of those...couse it is more confortable than having that XONE92 on just for controlling volume form the monitors definetly
maxeinsoul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxeinsoul »

I do that (Audio 8DJ) but a friend of mine insist on telling me not to do it...he says i loose audio quality from the soundcard to the monitors with the mixer beteewn.....
The shorter your cables are between every piece of hardware, the better it sounds. But this is pure masturbation. But can be helpful if you're recording a guitar with jacks or mics, you loose less whith a short "distance" between all your device.
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

maxeinsoul wrote:
The shorter your cables are between every piece of hardware, the better it sounds. But this is pure masturbation. But can be helpful if you're recording a guitar with jacks or mics, you loose less whith a short "distance" between all your device.

thanks...