Traktor scratch pro with midi controller & deck emulatio

- ask away
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Traktor scratch pro with midi controller & deck emulatio

Post by Rochey »

does any1 use a midi controller with tracktor for efx while still using the decks to mix with?

If yes what midi controller do you use?
What does it allow you to do?

I'm on serato @ the moment but I'm annoyed with rane as the ableton colab seems to be going nowhere & even though they've updated the box it still doesn't seem to be as good as the audio8 & they're charging more for it... (Rant)
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
DirkD
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by DirkD »

I use a Xone:2d with my Traktor Scratch Pro setup and it works the business.

All the knobs are assigned to control the effects, loop functions and it lets me browse my library without having to resort to the keyboard, even though I have most of Traktors functions assigned to keyboard shortcuts as well just in case that's more easily accessible than the 2d.

I really have nothing bad to say about the whole setup, it works well and the only annoying thing was having to program the 2d to suit my style of playing, but that's something you encounter with any customizable control surface so that's really a non-issue.

Switching from Serato to Traktor Scratch was also really easy, you may be a bit overwhelmed by the amount of functionality present in TS Pro but just take everything one button/knob/function at a time and you should be alright.

And as a total bonus, you can use Traktor's midi clock to sync it to hardware or Ableton! :D
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

I switched to Traktor mainly becouse of the sountcard, wich is very good, IMO.
i still dont have a propper controller for it, but I have been using the one from the studio for it, (Bitstream 3x) wich is not so handy as the Xone 2D.

I intended to get the 2D right after getting traktor, but now planes have been delayed a bit lol. Faderfox seam to be good also, it was my second option, couse they are small and very portable.
zarbeat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zarbeat »

I have the traktor Pro connected to my ddm400 behringer in the following order : ch2(turntable emulation) and ch3(turn table emulation) control audio and mic ,ch1,ch4 controll midi fx on traktor this mixer is really affordable and everything on it is midi assignable also has a quiet large lcd screen and build in samplers,and pretty kick ass fx too I would recommend this to anyone I also use it for my live sets as midi/fx controller :D
example of my work using DDM400:
http://soundcloud.com/zarbeat/cretter-canteen
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Many of the bigger guys and girls are using the faderfox controller...
Dr.Ro
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Dr.Ro »

I got Traktor scratch on my imac and i works fine with my hercules fuckin controller :shock:
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

patrick bateman wrote:Many of the bigger guys and girls are using the faderfox controller...
indeed, Tom Dazing is really very nifty with that controller in combination with "normal" vinyl control. He plays all four decks in Traktor with two vinyls and that Faderfox controller, and gets pretty amazing results too.

The faderfox thing is a bit expensive though for the relatively limited possibilities.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I play around in traktor with my BCR2000. works quite well as i set each pair of rows to EQ and FXs per channel. so i got 4 channels with separate fx on each and it proves to be quite fun indeed.

However I've found I can have much much more fun setting up a virtual traktor in live and play tracks there with my own fx chains and EQs. But to each his own :)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk