audio realism bassline 2

- ask away
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Robot Criminal wrote:
Salomo wrote:those people who will eventually pay are not the problem, its those who won't ever be willing to pay even after they grew with and loved the program.
au contraire. If you check this piracy war nowadays then it is exactly the "somewhat buying" customer group wanted to be eliminated.
If u NEVER buy software, then you never buy software. can't do anything bout that...
then they approach the problem wrong, in the end those who pay deliver income, whereas those who never will, a lack of income.. ideally it shouldnt matter if one pays after a month or a year, since it's a onetime price. unfortunately most people are not nearly that reliable.

Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

well you can't enforce ppl to buy music software if they pirate their OS can you now?
it's a bit deeper than that.
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Salomo wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
victorgonzales wrote:
Ronny Pries wrote:
Atheory wrote:
If it wasn't for the cracked versions I would probably not have bought half of the plugins I own.
Exactly… Something like the Spectrasonics set where they are really expensive I want to at least try before I buy.

You can’t compare people downloading music and people downloading software because the sale price is completely different. Let’s say you go out and buy the stylus remix, trilogy and atmosphere and you find out you don’t like it when you get home! You have just wasted around a grand, which is an obscene amount of money.

There are also a lot of producers that can’t afford software, so crack software also opens up a lot of doors for people that wouldn’t normally be able to make music.

I'm not saying its right, and I understand the frustration of the problem with pirates as I run a record label and we have huge problems with it. But times have changed, you just need to accept it and move on. If you don’t you will just end up fighting a never-ending battle you can’t win.
that's reasonable ofcourse.. but the topicstarter was looking for a vst which costs a mere 95EU.. not exactly an obscene amount of money.. those people who will eventually pay are not the problem, its those who won't ever be willing to pay even after they grew with and loved the program.
im sure he didnt even look the price up and considered buying it, yet puts effort in starting a topic on forums.. its just like placing an advertise asking for a stolen television.
Yes I agree with you. Posting on a public forum, trying to find information about cracks is stupid. It's a controversial move, and one that could have been avoided if the original poster had more sense.

My reply was more based towards Ronny Pries’s posts. Like I said I don’t agree with copied software, but it’s not all bad.
habitueE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by habitueE »

people download illegal cracks, mp3s etc cause its easy as fck nowadays AND theres virtually no risk of getting caught/facing retributions. Add to that its slowly getting socially accepted and you can see where this party is heading

Someone a bit back in this topic said, "you wouldnt go to the store to steal milk, try it out and go back & pay for it if you like it" .. yeah well, i'm sure loads of people would do exactly that (not the 'paying afterwards' part) if there was 0 risk of getting caught doing so.

You cant rely on the ethics and morals of people on the internet, since its anonymous, few people have any ;)

Until people actually start getting punished for downloading illegally, it will never stop, and theres nothing much you can do about it
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

Robot Criminal wrote:well you can't enforce ppl to buy music software if they pirate their OS can you now?
it's a bit deeper than that.
You can't indeed.. even if its possible, it would be so expensive, they would have a small amount to spent on actually developing and improving the product. Instead the effort and money goes to making it assholeproof. this whole mindset is getting more n more accepted and i think it's sad that apparently this is the way many producers start thinking.. obviously also in this genre.

having said that its no miracle quality in music sinks as we speak. Sad sad.. Smaller developers of software maybe get discouraged seeing this sh!t, stop doing it or having no money to invest. all with all this fucks everything up in ways we cant oversee. makes me wanna invest more in hardware.
Last edited by Salomo on Tue May 26, 2009 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salomo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Salomo »

double
computer controlled
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by computer controlled »

There ARE some software developers that make these cracks available themselves cause they know that it will eventually lead to more sales. Most people who use cracked software are people who wouldn't bother buying it anyway, so not much is lost. But there are always those who really enjoy the software and end up buying it, that otherwise may not have. It's saved me from wasting money on some VSTis, D16 stuff namely. I seriously was considering the 808 and 909 plugs, i decided to DL cracked versions to check them out thoroughly, decided they weren't for me after about a week, and deleted them. Good riddance. And then there are some companies i've bought from just on online demo MP3s alone. Audio Damage. I bought their delay VST and the Automaton VST. Great stuff. If you like what you're using, please buy.
Synths:
SH-101.TB-303.Juno-1.EuroRack Modular Synth.Evolver.TX81Z.CZ-101
Drum Machines:
TR-707.Machinedrum UWmkI
And Various Effects
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Robot Criminal wrote:
Salomo wrote:those people who will eventually pay are not the problem, its those who won't ever be willing to pay even after they grew with and loved the program.
au contraire. If you check this piracy war nowadays then it is exactly the "somewhat buying" customer group wanted to be eliminated.
If u NEVER buy software, then you never buy software. can't do anything bout that...
wouldnt eliminating that group decrease sales and move them to the "never buying group?" I have no problem paying for the cheaper plugins by the smaller developers on a whim but alot of the more expensive ones I have bought I would have never bought if I hadn't had the cracked versions for many months prior. Most of my friends are the same way as well. 20-50 dollars is not a big deal for a decent plug in but when hundreds of dollars are at stake then I need to know for sure if it will be worth it. I dont make much money like many artists and the sh!t isn;t like hardware where it is easy to sell to someone else if you dont like it without losing a great deal of money.