mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Beretta Red 05] Alex Israel - Penithboid EP - Dennis DeSant

Post by izmarkie »

Release Date - May 12, 2009 on Beatport

::SAMPLES::

LISTEN - Penithboid (Original)

LISTEN - Penithboid (Dennis DeSantis RMX0

We’ve received tremedous feedback for this EP from some of the top names in Dance music..Please check the feedback below!

Beretta is well known as a springboard for exposing some of the best new talent to emerge from Detroit. The label has helped shape the careers of artists like Seth Troxler, Ryan Crosson, Luke Hess, and many others.. Once again, Beretta brings another new Detroit artist to the forefront who will surely be a name to look out for in the next few years..

Hot on the heels of the acclaimed "Red House EP," Beretta Red presents a new Detroit artist and new EP titled, "Penithboid" by Detroit’s Alex Israel . Growing up in the backyard of the motor city, Israel was fortunate enough to be within earshot of the thriving detroit techno community. He began producing music as a hobby quietly in 2004 and 5 years later, he has now honed his craft and begun to share his music for the world to hear. With "Penithboid", Alex delivers a beautiful re-intepretation of Melodic Detroit house, with a shimmering vibraphone lead, funky intelligent percussion, old school house piano riffs, all wrapped around a dirty growling bassline to really get the floor moving. Detroit-Native Dennis DeSantis (Kanzleramt/Third Ear/Thinner) steps in to deliver an epic remix. The vibe is kept mellow at first, but quickly transforms into dancefloor groover. It's the perfect first track for any DJ Set.

::Feedback Received::

Derek Plaslaiko (Bunker / Spectral)
While Dennis' remix is what I would call the very definition of a solid remix of high quality, I have to say that the Original mix is top-notch. Maybe it's the bias in me, but Alex has come such a long way in his productions. It's not something I would typically play, but I am longing for the opportunity to fit it into one of my sets. Lush without overdoing it, and extremely hypnotic. A near perfect track. If you can't tell, I'm loving it! Can't wait to see what else Alex has in store. Thanks SO much for this!

Laurent Garnier (F-Comm)
LOVELYYYYYY - will play for sure

Sasha (Global Underground, emFire)
Dennis De Santis mix for me thanks

Ludovic Llorca (Fcom, Music Man)
beautiful track. lovin the kalimba tune.

Seth Troxler (Crosstown Rebels, Circus Company)
really like the original mix, subtle and classic. will play. great work by isreal.

Marko Furstenberg (Echocord, Thinner)
i like both tracks, original is very dreamy, dennis added his trademark sound on the remix. good work

Jesse Somfay (Archipel)
Wonderful work.

The Plan (Submerge)
Beretta Red is developing a very distinctive sound and this record is one of my favorites so far. I love the "windchimes" in the original mix. The Dennis DeSantis remix takes it even deeper and a bit more day dreamy.

Peter Horrevorts (Kanzleramt / X-Trax / Phonocult / Purple Eye / Tsunami)
very cool when the playtoy bells come in :)

Adam Jay (Azure, Monoid)
Very groovy stuff. could use this at various different times of the night, and will play the Dennis D rmx tonight

Nemo (Restructured, Dirty Works)
Dope late/early nite detroit sexiness!

Rennie Foster (Subject Detroit, Teknotika, Rebirth, Dirty Works)
love the original mix.. very nice. will play.

Mike Monday (Om Records)
The original is a very beautiful record. I love it.

Renato Cohen ()
Original is cool!

Greg Gow (Restructured)
Nice Deep groovy tunes for early in the nite definately will set the mood. i will go with the original

Taho (Ovum, Delsin, Lumina, Beretta)
Beauty!!!

Satoshi Fumi (Urbantorque)
i love original.good detroit vibes!

Vitamin D (Cutz, eighttrax)
Oh I like the hats in this one. Yeah great for early in the night. Not sure if its something I would buy if I heard it on the sites...but still good stuff. Thanks.

Joee Cons (Mar186,Restructured)
Great vibe, the original works great for early/late night sessions!!!

Ryski (Beretta)
The Desantis remix really has a big time groove that they will love here on the West Coast. The original is also great with it's slow building elements... great work!

http://myspace.com/dongues
http://www.berettamusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/berettamusic
izmarkie
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by izmarkie »