First finished track - advice/feedback?

- music
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tbag wrote:I dont really get what you mean by dangerous, ive never heard that been used to describe music before, can you elaborate?
its dangerous... like take caution! especially when that synth comes in dark and dangerous.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Yeah, very thick kick drum. Sharp drum sounds. I'm a big user of synth chords/pads, but this one was a bit too atonal and dissonant for me. I, however, am more into deep house and funky stuff. I suppose if the mood is meant to be dark and disorientating, then it does the trick. Not groundbreaking, but decent production wise.
Phurniture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Phurniture »

Yeah, very thick kick drum. Sharp drum sounds. I'm a big user of synth chords/pads, but this one was a bit too atonal and dissonant for me. I, however, am more into deep house and funky stuff. I suppose if the mood is meant to be dark and disorientating, then it does the trick. Not groundbreaking, but decent production wise. Could perhaps use more swing or something to give the beats more liveliness.
tbag
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tbag »

Thanks for listening and giving some feedback guys, much appreciated.

I know the lead is out of tune but thats kinda the vibe were going for, kinda an STL vibe...
XIII NRV
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by XIII NRV »

bit long at the begining ...but then all comes up with ease

good constrction, sweet electrical efx moving R/L...u made me trip dude

cool sound ! !
tbag
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by tbag »

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the feedback, two new tracks on our Soundcloud now, more feedback would be really appreciated : )

http://soundcloud.com/slow_burn
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

nice tracks :) "untitled 2" could prolly do with another short break in the track, and maybe another few pad sounds here and there to give more range to the soundscape creating a extra layer of deepth to the track. there is a lot of swing style percussion on the track, so maybe some more straight 4x4 percusion fading in and out of the track, hard panned to the left and right.