richie hawtin's live traktor twitter feed...

- open
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

i wonder if there are hawtin threads with less than 5 pages...
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

juanm2t wrote:
roland wrote:
tone-def wrote:
maybe 'effort' is a better word.
+1

it's really easy for everyone to play an appropriate dj set if you have tracklists and auto sync..
no...that's false...
a dj set with same tracks won't work always good...there always be different people, places, ambients and vibes so is VERY FALSE what you said...djing is not all about promos and autosync, this will be always a fight against Hawtin, and is a shame people can see beyond that.
lol i didn't say that it's easy to play like hawtin haha... i said it's easy to play an appropriate dj-set.. which means a set with cool tracks and without big failures.. earlier this was impossible.. cause without experience and knowledge you can't find lots of cool tracks and without skill you are gonna make failures during your set..

last week for example, i heard ilario alicante playing here in vienna.. (he is a great producer and i also have some records of him which i really like).. at the end of every track he used an effect and dropped in the new track..(he played lots of promos and usual "hit-records") technically his set was perfect.. but it's fucking easy to play a set which is technically okay when you auto-sync everything.. i'm 100% sure without traktor he couldn't give dj-gigs..

but actually it's not so important.. cause imo you can't reach a really high level if you start deejaying with auto-sync.. but that's just what i believe, i don't have an idea how to prove that..

what i am observing in the last years is that most of the artists who are great producers start to take dj-gigs.. and imo this is just possible because of technology which helps them to dj.. i think earlier most of the people started with deejaying.. now it's the opposite..
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

^^^ completely agree!!!
infernal.techno
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by infernal.techno »

tone-def wrote:
vitocorleone wrote:
juanm2t wrote:or is just that now you are worry cus everyone at your town will get the very same tracks you used to break your a$$ trying to find'em?

Exactly!!

Richie is opening this whole djay concept up an the old school r gonna hate as usual
yeah lets just make it really easy to find tracks, really easy to auto sync tracks so everyone can do it and nobody stands out. Lets just leave all the skills behind and let technology do everything.
playing an underground track that many people might not have heard isn't a skill.

the main reason i got into dj'ing and still very much love it is because i enjoy when people ask me what a certain track was. it's about sharing music, not hoarding some special track and never letting anybody else in on who actually created it.

of course, that's just my opinion.
- matt
technopunk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: richie hawtin's live traktor twitter feed...

Post by technopunk »

and remember, native instruments made this possible! :roll:
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

roland wrote:
juanm2t wrote:
roland wrote:
tone-def wrote:
maybe 'effort' is a better word.
+1

it's really easy for everyone to play an appropriate dj set if you have tracklists and auto sync..
no...that's false...
a dj set with same tracks won't work always good...there always be different people, places, ambients and vibes so is VERY FALSE what you said...djing is not all about promos and autosync, this will be always a fight against Hawtin, and is a shame people can see beyond that.
lol i didn't say that it's easy to play like hawtin haha... i said it's easy to play an appropriate dj-set.. which means a set with cool tracks and without big failures.. earlier this was impossible.. cause without experience and knowledge you can't find lots of cool tracks and without skill you are gonna make failures during your set..
yes, like you said...earlier was hard to find nice tracks, and also we didn't have this auto-sync world i agree with that...also i agree with this auto-sync problem we see everyday with tons artists...i can talk for myself saying i don't use auto-sync cus my ears get lazy, i preffer a little bit of effort listening and concentrating.
and about Ilario Alicante...you go to see someone playing because the records (s)he has released?...i preffer to go and see a nice dj stead of a nice producer (producer that i don't know anything about his or her djsets)...you dont go to a party to see someone producing.

i think this is off topic.
we were talking about twitter...
juanm2t
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by juanm2t »

mmm....people don't care about a dj playing with auto-sync or not.
Now is easy for everyone doing djset cus technology.
Old school get mad because now a - 3 month dj - can do something for less money and without years of training and doing research of music.
What was an exclusive world now is reachable for anyone.

for those who are new i guess they see (auto-sync and getting nice tracks with ease) so cool...for those who are old, (auto-sync and getting nice tracks with ease) is destroying a world that was made with effort.

I think this situtation is pushing everyone to do things beyond getting nice music and beatmatching...that is the way i see it....Wolrd evolves fast...we can't stand behind.
camus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by camus »

mmm....people don't care about a dj playing with auto-sync or not.
i think people do care, promoters and peer djs too...

i wouldn't book a entire laptop line up, it is so boring.

now if hawtin wants to twitt , let him twitt like a geek