Dubstep.. then I saw this video which confirmed I suspicions

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by stevësto »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: Ya man, you got that right. I hope you don't start acting like a touchy bitch over it. The fact I stated that I knew little about the world of dubstep should indicate to you that my statements are simply impressions that I have based solely on the music. I shouldn't have to draw these lines for you. Connect the dots yourself.
ok just checking, thats all i needed to know. dont mind me, continue on using this thread as your personal blog documenting the adventures of the shepard of anu in his quest to understand dubstep :)

all i did was make sure i understood what you typed, and maybe in the process help you see the silliness of what you typed, i dont see the touchy bitchiness in that. your replies to everyone else, yea that i see as being defensive (aka touchy, bitchy)
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: the fact that it is a computer animation should indicate its validity as a confirmation of my impressions (not assumptions) from the music.
no, it shouldn't. it really, really, really shouldn't. the fact that it is a computer animation doesn't validate a thing. the video itself doesn't "confirm" a damn thing either. it sounds like english is not your first language and what you are trying to say in your post(s) is(are) lost in translation.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: I haven't listen to very much dubstep

I would say that out of maybe a hundred tracks I have heard three I liked.
hmmm.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: I am not one to criticize people's dancing at all.

This guy I call the Professional reminds me of this crazy old homeless lady I used to see every now and then. I think he should be institutionalized.
no comment.
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: but the fact that almost every track sounds the same kind of takes away from that originality.
and that's a fact? or your opinion?
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: Don't be so sensitive man... geez
lol. i haven't done any name calling.

you know what? i hope everyone here views me as a nice guy around here. i really cant remember a time i have ever insulted someone directly on this board, only indirectly (i will criticize your favorite genre or tracks and call them sh!t, doesnt mean i think you are sh!t).

anyway, shepard of anu, please check out a recording of me playing dubstep:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=baf8 ... f6e8ebb871

the mixing is not that great (was my first time mixing dubstep, and i was using a cd jog wheel thingee) but because it has a lot of the more popular hits over the past few years and not so many fillter tracks, it might be sort of like a crash course introduction to dubstep.
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

stevësto wrote:anyway, shepard of anu, please check out a recording of me playing dubstep:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=baf8 ... f6e8ebb871
Don't mean to interrup you guys but.. track @ 5min? ;)
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

stevësto wrote:
Shepherd_of_Anu wrote: the fact that it is a computer animation should indicate its validity as a confirmation of my impressions (not assumptions) from the music.
no, it shouldn't. it really, really, really shouldn't. the fact that it is a computer animation doesn't validate a thing. the video itself doesn't "confirm" a damn thing either. it sounds like english is not your first language and what you are trying to say in your post(s) is(are) lost in translation.
Of course a computer animation does not validate my impressions. you think so simply. My problem is that I expect you to connect those dots... which seem to have sort of done and then made incorect assumptions from there on.

I was not saying that it is a valid confirmation. I am saying is the fact its a computer animation should be a useful indicator when resolving the videos validity as a confirmation of my impressions. Validity as a logical test. Does that make more sense to you?
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Anu on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

Sorry i just have to say this.

I listened to your mix and the choice of records shows someone that really doesnt have the right to pass any judgement on music at all. Sorry dont want to be rude but hey, nevermind.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

Thats alright, I don't take offense to that kind of stuff. I don't like most of what I hear out there. I happen to like music that is in between house and techno. Some people like blips and bloops, some people like wobbles. Did you make it through that track at the very end? lol. I haven't. That day i had watch a bit of the movie Frog River. Its about this emaciated and effeminate Japanese house Dj who get challenged to a kembo match and struggles to find his manhood as result. There is a scene in the movie where he all fucked up and mixing those last two tracks on that mix while dancing naked in his apartment. Its an amusing movie.

01. Hakan Lidbo - Planet Earth (The Kiruna Broadcast Project)
02. D. Diggler - Deepdown
03. Dennis Ferrer Feat. Malena Perez - I Can't Go Under
04. Ame - Rej
05. Radio Slave - K Maze
06. The Messenger - Blue Summer Night
07. Akufen - Skidoos
08. Daclip - Vanity (Alex Douche Remix)
09. Trentemoller - In progress
10. Nadeau - Natural Dance (Masque Remix)
11. Kerri Chandler - Atmosphere
12. Dreamer G - I Got That Feeling

I can't say I really like the music you are producing. Walk in the woods is ok. nice clean sounds.

This is getting rediculous... so many posts... cant address every point.

stevësto, I am downloading your mix right now.
Last edited by Shepherd_of_Anu on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
markenstien
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markenstien »

Yeah no problem, thats a very old site not updated in a long time :p
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Did you make it through that track at the very end? lol. I haven't. That day i had watch a bit of the movie Frog River. Its about this emaciated and effeminate Japanese house Dj who get challenged to a kembo match and struggles to find his manhood as result. There is a scene in the movie where he all fucked up and mixing those last two tracks on that mix while dancing naked in his apartment. Its an amusing movie.
wat
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:You know what I think is infantile? The way you getting upset about this.
I am so upset, I have lost control of my motor functions.

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:You seem a little emo. Are you on the rag today? I guess they dont call you a minimal maxi for nothing.
Did you need to delve into that sort of jab for jab interaction? I thought someone of your stature could ride above that crest.

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:True, I did not listen to any Hunter. I have been browsing around all day. Headhunter is the last thing on a long list. Locus Lotus and Quanta are good tracks. But you know what? They sound like they could be passed off as minimal techno. The stuff with a 4/4ish beat anyways. A lot of this Hunter stuff sounds a lot like the majority of stuff I listened to today. I haven't heard anything that is mind blowing so far.
Fair enough, but are we debating genre titles now?

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:Quite frankly if you don't hear the similarity in rythems between dubstep and reggeton you must be thick or something.
I do hear the similarities, they are spawned from the same thing...

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:By the way... if you had read my previous posts you would have taken note that I mentioned that I liked a few tracks from Martyn and Appleblim.
I did note that you had listened to a couple martyn and appleblim tracks, but you still went on to generalize the rest of the genre.

I am done, was just trying to pass along some names. If you don't like it thats chill.

[/url]