Ar:pia:r cancels world tour

- open
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

it have to be possible to get a one day working visa ... why no one talks with the goverment about that situation
Castronova
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Castronova »

I'm an American citizen, and even when I re-enter, the immigration procedure is scary. They ask all these crazy questions trying to get you to say something wrong that they can capitalize on...

"Someone else bought your ticket. Who was it?"
"Why are you coming to the US? Why do you already have a return ticket to Hong Kong?"
"What is your job in Hong Kong?" (how is this even relevant to me entering the US!?)
"When did you go to ______? Why?"
"What are you bringing into the country worth $400?" (written on my entry card (drum machine))

I heard one immigration guy at another desk asking a lady why she had so many shoes in her bag -- they don't even HAVE your bags at immigration... someone at airport security had searched or X-rayed her bags and put a note on the computer already!

Both the visa and the overweight baggage stories are believable though.

I was charged $480 USD for just a few kilos overweight on a Korean Air flight from Japan > Seoul > Hong Kong. I doubt I would've taken the flight if I knew I had several more of those charges to come... especially at $8,000 Euros! Definitely believable.

The best immigration procedure was when I came back to the US through San Francisco in 2006...

"Who is the worst US President in history?"
"That's easy... George W. Bush."
"Welcome to America!"
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Castronova wrote:

The best immigration procedure was when I came back to the US through San Francisco in 2006...

"Who is the worst US President in history?"
"That's easy... George W. Bush."
"Welcome to America!"

LOL :lol:
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

fck America....paranoid freaks at the immigration ;)
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I have to say I had no problems at all last summer when I went to New York. Of course I was asked the typical questions when I entered, but nothing more than anybody else, and well, as I play Serato they didn't care much about my bag and the content in the bag...
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by db2 »

You also have to figure that the US portion of the tour might have figured so heavily into the tour budget that the cancellation caused them to rethink the whole situation and perhaps try again later.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

vitocorleone wrote:fck America....paranoid freaks at the immigration ;)
I got more problems in the UK personally.

...just say what they want to hear. Don't say you have anything to declare ever, honesty is never the best policy...

...i was coming over the border into detroit after a festival in canada, in a white van, with 6 other middle eastern looking people, only 1 passport in the car, all of us were missing our ids and didnt have passports...you'd think they would be would interested in searching us.

..in short we looked sketchy... they just let us through.
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

i used to cross the us / canadian border about twice a week to visit my then girlfriend, and the main thing with the border is if you act confident and just answer their questions honestly and clearly and look them in the eye, they pretty much have zero reason to stop you on count of suspicion.
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier