Announcing Mod271!

- ask away
hemicube
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Announcing Mod271!

Post by hemicube »

This is a shameless plug for my new modular synthesis environment Mod271 (or Mode). It's still in a very early stage of development (pre-alpha) but I think it's ready for some brave people to start testing it.

Eventually this will be a VSTi but for now it's just a standalone to aid in development...

There are a lot of features that still need to be implemented and even more that still need to be completely defined so hopefully some of you can help there. If you have any suggestions or bugs please report them in the forum.

Currently only a Windows build is available but an OSX build is soon to follow.

The website is www.nudsp.org

peace
__
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

this app is awesome. i can't wait for a vst ver. wow.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
hemicube
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hemicube »

Thanks man! The VST version is giving me some difficulties just because this isn't your standard type of GUI so you have to jump through a few more hoops...
hemicube
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hemicube »

Ok so I'm here to announce Mode's successor Jasuto! I figured it would be better to give it a new name because it's really a different animal at this point.

I've been working on this off and on for a while now and almost have it ready for the masses. Right now the iPhone version is going through Apples submission process but any day now it should be available in the App-store. Initial release price is $1, not bad for a multi-touch midi controller and modular synth!

There is a very early VST release for OSX (UB) on the site. The Win32 build is making me want to forget Windows all together but I know it's a necessary evil :)

Jasuto is still under pretty heavy development. The next version will feel much more complete as it will include a revamped GUI and several other secret features, but for now this is all I can release...

Anyhow, check the site out and those of you with Macs give the plugin a whirl!!

Peace,
Chris
__
ludamillion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ludamillion »

Looks sweet. It looks like you've done a nice job of integrating the reActable style mixing paradigm with a more traditional style of sequencing. I'm not on my main computer right now but I look forward to trying this out.
hemicube
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hemicube »

Yes there are some influences in there from reactTable but once you play with it you'll find that they are quite different.

It's really influenced by a lot of different paradigms, taking the best of all of them and keeping it simple enough that you can actually make stuff on the fly.
Rookas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rookas »

no windows version?
hemicube
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hemicube »

See below...
Last edited by hemicube on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.