Drums in deep house

- ask away
Daniel_Schneider
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daniel_Schneider »

PLEASE DELETE MY POST
Last edited by Daniel_Schneider on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

hey BLM interesting thread, i think my thoughts on producing are very similar to yours! btw really digging your tunes on myspace mate!
dubgil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dubgil »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:And before anyone beasts me, would you be so kind as to synthisise a nice tambourine sound and post it with your reply.... :lol:
add conga, timbale, etc (must be thinking Latin House I guess) oh wait we have the apache breakbeat for that bongos
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

s.k. wrote:
AK wrote:I can't grasp how a chord can be made from a single oscillator.
easy. take a saw wave. hi-pass at the third harmonic. low-pass on the fifth harmonic. you have a major triad. downside is the notes will not be equally loud so you gotta either eq or boost the lowpass resonance more.

about FM - yes it is easier, and too - an FM synth can do stuff that a subtractive can only dream of.
I'll wait for you to explain that one a little more as I can't grasp it. :lol:
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

ur joking right? :) about the single oscilltor thing - well its not exactly a chord in means that it does not sound the same, but the tonal relations are the same.

a saw - 50hz, 100hz, 150hz, 200hz, 250hz...

150hz, 200hz, 250hz - a chord. the ratio is all that matters - 3:1 + 4:1 + 5:1 = a triad. substitute the Hz of a chord in this formula and you will see its true.
mnj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mnj »

Smear wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: Obviously that's a pretty hard line I'm taking but i've been involved with the breakcore scene in the past, and hearing a Richard Devine track in the same set as someone who's put an Amen break through dblue Glitch, and on top of that put a Madonna song through distortion(and managed to get it on vinyl!), is pretty offensive. But as you say there are subtle methods, but there's also frauds among us :P
sounds like a pretty gay scene then.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

mnj wrote:
Smear wrote:
::BLM:: wrote: Obviously that's a pretty hard line I'm taking but i've been involved with the breakcore scene in the past, and hearing a Richard Devine track in the same set as someone who's put an Amen break through dblue Glitch, and on top of that put a Madonna song through distortion(and managed to get it on vinyl!), is pretty offensive. But as you say there are subtle methods, but there's also frauds among us :P
sounds like a pretty gay scene then.
lol
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

WTF??? I never wrote that about Breakcore....