Robert Johnson podcast Samstag, 27. 12. 2008

- open
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

pheek wrote:I've been reported that Ric played Jazz in some clubs in berlin. For me, its one of the best news of the year! :D
Nice! Im planning on taking to Berlin sometime in January, would be unbelievable if I could manage to catch a set like that while im there. Any idea which clubs/bars he's been playing his jazz sets in?
Papillon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Papillon »

agodi wrote:Sebastian Kahrs (Aka Sebo k)
No, they are not the same person. Sebatian Kahrs ist one of the two men behind Robert Johnson Club and quite frequently spins the warm up set.
Mitchy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mitchy »

Purely out of interest, why is it called Robert Johnson? Always wondered that, doesn't exactly sound very German.
Papillon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Papillon »

The name refers to the country musician Robert Johnson. As Ata says here http://www.muna.de/ata_und_heiko_mso_im ... 266.0.html they were looking for a catchy name with some kind of history. A friend came up with the idea for the name of the club and since Robert Johnson was obviously a very interesting person they took it.
agodi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by agodi »

Papillon wrote:
agodi wrote:Sebastian Kahrs (Aka Sebo k)
No, they are not the same person. Sebatian Kahrs ist one of the two men behind Robert Johnson Club and quite frequently spins the warm up set.

Ah I see, I couldn't not find much info on him and discogs gave me this, which is track 22 M.A.N.D.Y's Fabric 38

Basic Soul Unit Tunnels (Sebo K & Metro Remix) (3:43)
Remix - Metro (14) , Sebo K
Remix [Credited To] - Sebastian Kahrs , Uli Wombacher
Written-By, Producer - Stuart Li

So could this mean that Sebo K is buying tracks?
Mitchy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mitchy »

Papillon wrote:The name refers to the country musician Robert Johnson. As Ata says here http://www.muna.de/ata_und_heiko_mso_im ... 266.0.html they were looking for a catchy name with some kind of history. A friend came up with the idea for the name of the club and since Robert Johnson was obviously a very interesting person they took it.
Ahhhh! 8)
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

Papillon wrote:The name refers to the country musician Robert Johnson. As Ata says here http://www.muna.de/ata_und_heiko_mso_im ... 266.0.html they were looking for a catchy name with some kind of history. A friend came up with the idea for the name of the club and since Robert Johnson was obviously a very interesting person they took it.
I don´t want to sound like a dck, but to me, Robert Johnson is one most relevant Blues players of the last century. So don´t hesitate to listen to mr. Johnson´s expressions. Not much to do with Country. Maybe American Folk but don´t mix this artist with the likes of Dolly Parton or Kris Kristofferson (who I find quite charming at times).
perik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by perik »

is there anyone who can upload this podcast to zshare or something? i accidentally deleted my hole podcast libary from itunes... :shock: tnx