Computer music-guide to minimal house

- ask away
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Computer music-guide to minimal house

Post by Raddler »

I was just wondering if someone had or knows where i can get CM's guide to minimal house. I emailed CM to buy it, but I was told they don't have that issue in stock anymore. I have been searching for it everywhere and can't find it . It would so make my day if someone could help me out, or give me a pointer as to where I could get it. I think I could benefit by it cause I can't find anything on producing minimal house( asides from here!) and I NEED HELP!!!!!
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i'm not sure about the magazine but I would say that you don't need pointers on music production specific to one genre. you can find lots better and much more fun ways to experiment and gain experience, and if you're looking to make music in a specific style you can then find all the information you need in the tracks themselves.

welcome to the forums by the way.
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Thanx for the warm welcome! You know, i do agree with you, much of the most usefull information I have come across has never been paid for, and usually comes from practice. I just sometimes feel a point in the right direction can sometimes help. I think i'm gonna go back about a hundred pages on this site and learn that way. Thanx
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

no worries. it's a great forum here, I've picked up an awful lot. Forums are a nice way to absorb stuff in quite a free flowing way I think. And also in the wider world of the internet there's some great free stuff.

this pdf for exmaple is a great little guide to theory.

hmm. the guy's site seems to be down, but at some point or other it will appear again. www.ravenspiral.com
Raddler
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Raddler »

Thanx alot man, i'll definetly check it out. take care
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

welcome

try searching the forums with keywords pertaining to your thoughts. fFor example baalines , reverb, delay, or any other thing you can think of.

This board have the absolute best producers of minimal style music of any forum I have ever run accross. If you search youll probably find what your interested in and learn some tips and tricks.

If you cant find it just ask.

Try and avoid questions like "how do I sound just like hawtin" though unless you want sarcastic responses. dont take tehm to heart but try and ask specific questions if you really want some help. Alot of people will be willing.
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

Ive got the guide, but didnt find it that useful - I'd scan it in, but I dont have a scanner I'm afraid. To be honest, you'll learn so much more from this forum than the 5 page guide.
solconnection
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by solconnection »

i've got that issue, from memory it basically tells you to plagiarize artists that you like, nick their track structure, loops, groove etc. Not very helpful in my opinion.

-Dan