Do you ever feel inferior when you hear outstanding tracks?

- ask away
Dusk
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dusk »

humeka wrote:Dusk, I've been caught by your track "Your Cosmology", can't stop listening to it, I love it!

you sincerely deserve to be released as your track are very mature and well produced.
Thank you - there isn't really a place like this for other forms of house, so I''m glad progressive stuff is not totally despised around here!

Steevio, as usual, i don't care if I sound sycophantic, your props are sincerely respected.
Some music:
www.myspace.com/cloakmusic

Reviews, news and more:
www.inverted-audio.co.uk
Luis Isaac
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Luis Isaac »

very good post. I think creating music means a great way of personal growing. It is a many hours alone at home work, and it is very easy to lose references. I think it is very good to be hard reviewing your work if it is something that lifts you up, but it is always important to respect yourself becasuse you have put a lot of effort on it and now you have to be patient because facing dificulties is the way to improve.
Sometimes part of this inferiority complex about our music is because ti has not passed through a good master chain, or maybe litle details easy to repair, those are simply routine actions that you can learn someday but there aren't a lack of creativity.
sorry for my English... :D
nicktem
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nicktem »

I don't really feel inferior but I am in awe with some high caliber tracks. I just sit in awe listening to it and where it goes etc, thinking how it was made and what it reminds me of, what it makes people feel, why it does and the use of repetitiveness in it or lack of, etc, how that works for people and makes u feel. Its really cool, helps u learn and appreciate music so much.
Octopi
-------------------------------------
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Dusk wrote:At the risk of prolonging this thread (I didnt want to talk about me) thank you BLM, the same applies to you as I stated for victor, you are only 23 (?) and yet already have a real reputation for quality.

I have some contact with labels, it isn't that I am hopeless about getting released - I simply do not want to be out there, unless I can put my tracks next to those I *love* and feel ok. I never wanted to be someone who forced his tracks on the world - what's the point? - we should try and be exceptional.

Thread over, thank you for all your input - this board is so free of talentless wannabes, I can scarcely believe it's on the internet.
If people in this thread like your tunes they are ood enought o release.

Just do it. You may not sell a thousand copies but it is very motivating to start gaining a fan base. My last release got me a lot of support emails and freind requests on myspace and sold better than my previous ones. Since then I have been in such a great mood about my progress that music is literally streaming out of my mind. I am making better songs and getting them done faster with the new confidence boost.

Dont worry about if they are perfect or not. Releasing music is the best way to guage the growth of your talent in my opinion. And building a fanbase is essential to getting word of mouth references that bring people to your tunes.
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

humeka wrote:Dusk, I've been caught by your track "Your Cosmology", can't stop listening to it, I love it!

you sincerely deserve to be released as your track are very mature and well produced.
I have to echo those sentiments, absolutely fantastic tune
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

Guys, I'm getting red when I say this, but I feel nearly inferior to everyone of you.

I always that it isn't good enough yet and in the end it goes go to the thrashbin.

Maybe I should get cocaine-addicted or something :shock:
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

Koppnicker wrote:Guys, I'm getting red when I say this, but I feel nearly inferior to everyone of you.

I always that it isn't good enough yet and in the end it goes go to the thrashbin.

Maybe I should get cocaine-addicted or something :shock:
forget about drug: you'll think you're making incredible music and when you'll listen to it straight tomorrow, you'll ask yourself what's that sh!t you're listening to...

stop sending your tracks to the bin. let them somewhere on your HD and come back later, in a week or so. you'll rediscover them, you will keep some good ideas and erase parts you don't like. you'll add the good ideas to other tracks. at the end, you will have a track full of good ideas ;-)
Koppnicker
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Koppnicker »

oh someone's irony-detector doesn't work i see. :lol:

what i mean is, that i start making a track with some ideas in mind (like wow this is gonna be the fluffy-wuffiest uplifting minimal track) and end up an hour later with some brutal techno-thing. which isn't wrong at all, but you know what i mean, i guess....

well, and what's most fucked up is, taht i spend hours on some knobs and hear it back with my normal earphones and think "sh!t, that's not what you did!"

and yes, i've got some nice monitors and a decent soundcard. just a lack of production skills how it REALLY sounds the sameon different systems.

well i go to off-topic here, back to discussion. :D