- wax
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[LeftLtd014] - Gavin Herlihy - Watch Ya Feet

Post by tolfrey »

Available at www.juno.co.uk and www.phonicarecords.com

Digital coming on 26/02/09

One again we welcome another addition to the Leftroom family in the form of Gavin Herlihy. Gavin is somewhat of a UK Clubbing institution, cutting his teeth as a journalist for the mighty mixmag for a number of years he turned to producing full time a couple of years ago. Now residing in Berlin he has become a leading producer/dj on the European scene.

WATCH YA FEET

Watch ya feet is a beast with two heads as not one to do do things by halves Gavin has presented us with not one but two mixes which both reflect the mood and scene of each of his homes.

Berlin mix

Here Gavin captures the innocent late night energy and rawness of a Berlin dancefloor. The twisted baseline, eerie tech house groove and warped noises roll along while the Chicago-esque horns shriek out over the chaos.

London mix (Digital only)

From this you would have thought that London would be more of a subtle affair but oh no. Here we have a mix that truly conjures up memories of London’s finest venues, whether it be Fabric or the End through to the afterhours of Kubikle and Retox. The groove here is a lot crisper than the German offering with the horn hook taking the to a euphoric climax.

Ewan Pearson Remix

In keeping with our London/Berlin connection we have a remix from another Englishman now residing in Berlin, Ewan Pearson. Ewan is one of the most highly acclaimed producers/remixers around with his past work including Goldfrapp and the Chemical Brothers. He was also one of the first UK dance artists to realise the charm and potential of living in Berlin yearsbefore it became so fashionable. His remix is one of pure energy as the track is transformed, through flawless production, into a sinister powerhouse of rising electro-techno that would feel at home in the sets of the likes of Smagghe, Weatherall, Richards and Mayer to name but a few.

Some DJ Feedback:-

Kenny Larkin – “Funky as hell!!!”

Francois K – “Berlin mix, good bump and energy.”

Robert Dietz – “London Mix is mine.”

Sasha – “Ewan Pearson mix for me.”

Nic Fanciulli – “Fantastic stuff yet again from Gavin.”

Stuart McMillan – (Slam) – “Great track! The Berlin mix for me!”

Joris Voorn – “London mix is funky!!”

Ali Schwarz – (Tiefschwarz) – “Excellent, love all mixes. London mix is my fave.”

Ivan Smagghe – “One of the best release on the label... berlin mix is amazing...”

Laurent Garnier – “This is a killa track/ep full support everywhere.”

Joel Mull – “Ewan Pearson remix is great. Crazy good will play everywhere. Thank you for the music.”

2000 and One – “The London mix has this very cool "reese" kinda bassline. love it! Nice job Gavin:)”

Carl Cox – “Three good versions here - Ewan Pearson’s remix is the one but all class.”

Luciano – “Love Gavin’s music , he is fantastic producer and production these are funky and special.”

Ben Watt – “Plug ugly and suitably rockin’!”

Josh Wink – “Look forward to playing the London mix out. Cool old school 2step style bass line! And the horns will drive people!”

Steve Bug – “The London mix is great, really like it! Full support. Also like the Ewan Pearson mix!”

Anja Schneider – “Love the release. Dont know which mix I prefer more Berlin or London.. Thx I will play all 3!!!!!”

Timo Maas – “YO...London mIx: great & crazy! Ewans did a fantastic job also! Super release.”

Frank – (Ame) – “Sounds very interesting, gonna try the Berlin mix.”

Miss Kittin – “Like Ewan’s hypnotic vibe!”

Deetron – “Seriously lovin that bassline, great jackin groove too, in my box!”

Philipp Jung – (M.A.N.D.Y.) – “I prefer the London mix.”

John Digweed – “Ewan’s mix for me.”

Luca Bacchetti – “Good tracks!!! Ewan mix is great!”

Orde Meikle – (Slam) – “Berlin mix. Good stuff.”

Toni Rios – (Cocoon) – “The Berline mix , I will play it!”

Milton Jackson – “Wonderfully inventive production and sounds. Quality. Love that bit at 4.21 on the London mix.”

Paco Osuna – “Berlin mix is cool.”

Karotte – “Like the London mix. I will play it everywhere.”
Last edited by tolfrey on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

london rmx ! - will play !!!