Gaiser's LIVE ACT ! How ?

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

alex tomb wrote:
AVX23 wrote:It's possible to setup the controller to work as a loop select tool with live - it kinda works as an xy, you would say use one knob to scroll vertically, one to scroll horizonally, and one button to trigger clips - one to stop them, that way - in theory you'd only need two knobs and two buttons to control that aspect of a set.

I personally prefer to use the mouse to do that but I've seen others use it in the way I describe.
i found the midi map to scroll vertically with controller, but i cannot manage to scroll horizontally.which midi map is for scrolling horizontally? thanks
hello there, would u be so kind on sharing about that map to scroll vertically?

any news on the horizontally?

thanks
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

isaaclevy wrote:
alex tomb wrote:
AVX23 wrote:It's possible to setup the controller to work as a loop select tool with live - it kinda works as an xy, you would say use one knob to scroll vertically, one to scroll horizonally, and one button to trigger clips - one to stop them, that way - in theory you'd only need two knobs and two buttons to control that aspect of a set.

I personally prefer to use the mouse to do that but I've seen others use it in the way I describe.
i found the midi map to scroll vertically with controller, but i cannot manage to scroll horizontally.which midi map is for scrolling horizontally? thanks
hello there, would u be so kind on sharing about that map to scroll vertically?

any news on the horizontally?

thanks
None whatsoever I'm afraid :(

Sorry, can't seem to suss it out at all, which is a shame as I'm fairly sure I seen this working.
alex tomb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alex tomb »

when u click on midi mapping, under the stop button that stops all the clips,there are two arrows, up and down,map these on your controller and u r done.u can also do it with an endless single knob if u want...
alex tomb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alex tomb »

i couldnt manage yet for the horizontal but u can always use your left and right arrows on your computer's keyboard...
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

follow actions ;)
Josie K
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Josie K »

The answer is rather simple.
Like someone stated above, when you go to midi mapping mode under the "stop all" button at the lowest of the scene triggers appears. There you can either assign the "select scene" to a button or a knob and also map "start selected scene" to some button on your controller. At the bottom of each channel you also have a "start selected clip" button that starts the clip in the corresponding channel of the selected scene.
So all you have to do is prepare all your channels with all your loops and when you want to start a specific clip you select the scene with your button or your knob and then trigger it with the "start selected clip" button of that specific channel.
As far as I know there is no "select vertical" assign, which would be cool for controllers that don't have very many buttons, but it would be very hard to trigger clips simultaneously with that method.
With the new APC40 this technique will be a thing of the past though :)
My music at | Soundcloud | MySpace |
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

ok thanks a lot all you guys..
Holva
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Holva »

isaaclevy wrote:ok thanks a lot all you guys..
I would seriously start experimenting with follow actions. They allow you to program your sets to a certain extent while still allowing you to improv. and go with the moment.

or you could just use turntables. thats never failed for me. much more exciting too IMO.