Cubase 5

- ask away
tsod
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsod »

these major releases emerge just too fast nowadays imo...
klankeffect
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by klankeffect »

omg idd for every thing people are idd so negative, like pff cubase nobody use this anymore, go home wtf, a lot producers use cubase and a lot of people get verrrrrry nice results with it, but ofcourse, richie hawtin is using logic, so this must be the best, i have to use this because he is using this, my god. its not what kind of program u use, its what you are doing with it. I guess and i am practically sure, that you can do almoast the same with cubase as with logic as with....
common, the question was what should be nice at the 5 version, not like is this a nice program, it is one of the moast used daw in the world and you are telling like its totally crap. Be a little bit more constructive, new ideas and sharing ideas will lead to better results for everybody you know....

hmm idd not like the huge differences, i am using studio 4, and i am quite happy with it also, mayby i will go for the full version of the 5, so than i also have the control room... its a bit cheaper than the 4, and i guess the vst3 plug ins are nice, didn't do a lot off research yet.. mayby they fixed some bugs and perfected the audio engine i don't know..

Peace
lessizmoremoreizless
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

lol are they having slow latency in the promo? And their acting in the promo sucks!

But seriously it looks like they are trying to make up for the lack of sampling/pattern-making and bringing it closer to some form of fruity loops, and i cant say im very impressed with that. They have only started brushing the surface of fixes they need to make; like speeding up the often unnessecarily complicated workflow for trivial operations, and instead given me the ability to have a perfect tempodrop in the middle of my track. And giving me a cpu-soaking reverb is just great.

I'm still on sx3 (with 4 lying around on a cd...) but what I feel they should improve is the routability of the program by opening up new possibilities, instead of upgrading the gui and providing some weird sort of mashup plugin so you can randomize your loops by dragging sliders. That para-intelligent minimal plugin that could "make minimal for you" springs to mind...

I really like sx3, but now i am getting the feeling that they are trying to modernise a daw that builds on a pretty outdated foundation and its sort of like putting iceing on a stale cake. It might be time for me to make a move soon, to some new daw
be~~
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by be~~ »

:lol: the acting is awful, and it sounds like they are taking the piss a bit out of making music, its a bit like watching something on the god channel

"why don't you show off those brand new tools for making those jacking grooves and pounding beats"

so funny the way he says that.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

mo's taverne wrote:cub.... what ?!
nobody use this anymore. go home. lol

let me dream about maxforlive........this is future.
dude, people were making amazing techno (with and without MAX) way before Live even existed. technology doesn't define music...

give me cubase over ableton any day as a production tool
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

Carl Smart wrote:I'm still on sx3 (with 4 lying around on a cd...) but what I feel they should improve is the routability of the program by opening up new possibilities
If u have the full version of 4 and not studio or lower, u dont have any limit to ur routing. every output can go to any input.
i moved to 4 just to be able to move plugins in the mixer to any slot i want insted of saving the preset, close and open the plugin again in a different slot.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

NoAffiliation wrote:

dude, people were making amazing techno (with and without MAX) way before Live even existed. technology doesn't define music...

I agree. I use both programs but I like cubase better. Not saying its a better program for making music but I personally like the way i work in cubase better.

The Max thing is cool for live and If you like live and max thats great for you but doesn't mean your going to make better songs than someone using something else.

This whole idea that one program is better is about like saying a guitarist will write better music because of the brand name of their guitar.
NoAffiliation
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NoAffiliation »

victorgonzales wrote:
NoAffiliation wrote:

This whole idea that one program is better is about like saying a guitarist will write better music because of the brand name of their guitar.
won't write better music but it might sound a little nicer :lol: