vengeance minimal perc loops??

- ask away
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

nihad wrote:most dnb is based around the amen break :-D
not really,not nowadays...Its did get caned,i still love it.(pitched down and processed to fck)
Gummo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gummo »

Opuswerk wrote:Extrawelt did the same...
What track(s)?
Smear
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Smear »

Atheory wrote:i just think if what you were doing was art it would mean more to you. you'd make more of an effort. you would be more selective about the noises that constitute your music. you'd want tones, rhythms, harmonics etc that you have control over. instead of trying to shoehorn some samples into the track to make it more exciting. its just laziness. its essentially contempt for the listener. thats how i feel, and sorry if that comes across as harsh.
I haven't read through all of this thread yet but that's pretty much spot on.

Compared to past musics, techno has very little in the way of performance, and probably a bit less in the way of composition and arrangement, so in my mind that means that in order to have actually done enough to be able to honestly say you've created something, there's got to be a pretty large degree of craft with regard to creating and manipulating the actual sounds used.

If you use a lot of samples(heavy sampling as opposed to the odd drum hit here and there or what have you) or presets then you take away a large part of the sound design/creation/manipulation, and if you use loops you take a massive chunk away from composition again. So if there's next to no performance, hardly anything composed or arranged yourself, and you didn't actually make most of(if not all) the sounds you used, then what have you actually done?
Kozak
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Kozak »

Ian Carey does it aswell!
BlueFog
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by BlueFog »

why would anyone use vengeance loops? they're all noisy and distorted and they sound like they're ripped right out of the track (many one shot samples too). there's other sample packs that offer some high quality, clean loops. and of course nothing wrong with using loops for as long as you play around with them and change them enough to make them your own.
mnj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mnj »

AK wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Yeh man, the "art" of sampling died out when the first commercial loops cd was released...... shame.

I might go check out some old vinyl, it could be fun?
Going back to the Vengeance sample cd's, have you heard them? What I find weird is that I hear tons of recognisable music sampled for their cd's. Trentemoller to name one but literally tons of stuff, I am sure they just sample from MP3 to wav as well. I don't know how it works but how do they manage the legal side of things with the blatantly obvious sources for their samples? :?

You can now buy on cd, all old classic funk breaks too, these are the type of material guys would kill each other for not too long back and would be secretive about their sources to the point of death, now you can buy a cd full of them all. What happens regarding artistic license is beyond me but some of these sample cd companies have indeed monopolized the market and the whole 'art' of sampling and took the fun out of it whilst also filling their wallets on the back of other peoples music.
Trentemoller uses vengeance samples ;)
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

if all you use is loops....i think to a point your cheating yourself as a "producer"
because your dependant on someone elses ...talent....hard work....whatever
to express your own whatever it is you wanna call it

and if thats the type of "producer" you want to be then fine....i think your cheating yourself
more than anything else

if your a dj konte though....u can fuhk yourself
Last edited by mlexicon on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
signatures suck
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

signatures suck