healing with minimal music

- ask away
Misko
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Misko »

cool fact 8)
a view weeks a go they proven that music actually healths on some university. they proofed if u enjoying something the brains sends essencial substances to your body. so if u listen to music for a hour you actually have the same result like a 15min workout. how cool is that!!
so no more workout for me..just listen to music all day long :D

found this, not wrote it:

Music and Stress

I found this in the Hartford Courant the other morning and thought it was interesting! As follows: Music might soothe some of the emotional ravages of old age, say's a study that compared seniors emotional states before and after taking keyboard lessons. Preliminary results from the study, conducted by a number of researchers from five universities, including the University of Miami, were reported during a two-day symposium last week on enhancing health through music. Seniors who took 20 weeks of keyboard lessons expressed less stress at the end then at the beginning, the study found, said Frederick Tims, principal investigator and a music therapist at Michigan State University. A control group of seniors showed no change in depression, anxiety or loneliness over that time period. Decreased levels of stress may in turn boost seniors immune systems and improve their health, the researchers conclude. Better living through music!

(-)

www.myspace.com/klikomisko
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

this a book ive read many times, it started me out thinking about the healing possibilities of music;

Healing Sounds - The Power of Harmonics by Jonathan Goldman