Why do you like minimal music?

- ask away
NewSc2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by NewSc2 »

Back in 2004 I was listening to a lot of Underworld and Daft Punk. Must've been from a forum thread but I downloaded a bunch of other sets from Jeff Mills, DJ Rush, and one happened to be Sven Vath and Richie Hawtin's Essential Mix (from 2002?). Fell in love with the Hawtin side of that EM, and been listening to his sets and CD's ever since.

EDIT: Why I like it (as opposed to how). GOOD minimal has a great groove, and uses very interesting timbres/sounds. You have just enough time to focus on a few bars of a sound before switching to another, or before another loop comes in.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

"I'd rather be confused for an hour than bored for 5 minutes"
Sphere42
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sphere42 »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:(some) minimal = pure groove
damn right

Also I recently remembered how I was banging with different stuff to another different things to make some drum patterns as child. Lame rhythms and poor drumming skills, but what the heck, I was doing it for hours and did not got bored. So I guess this music works as deja vu for me :) No, really, strage sounds, and odd oneshots were always grabbing my attention.
acidman
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by acidman »

I have been listening to minimal for 5 years now. I started enjoying it when everybody else was into progressive and tech house.

To be honest with you i think more and more people are liking and discovering minimal everyday because of its diversity and the freedom you can have as a producer and less so because of how it sounds. Dont get me wrong, i still love minimal and minmal sound dynamics and its hallowness but I strongly believe minimal as we know it today provided us with a new and diverse platform. This allows us to produce more twisted grooves and puts less limit and rigidness on our production as compared to House / Traditional Techno.

In my opinion Minimal = Freedom.
And thats why I love minimal.

Cheers,

Rooz
niminal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by niminal »

less is more
...House music is the Essence...
..Breaks are the Backbone..
..Minimal is a Must..

http://kamikazesafety-tainment.blogspot.com/
amber_sun
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by amber_sun »

I like to listen to minimal while I work, it gives me the rhythm without distracting me.

And when I dance to it I like the fact that I can follow the single sounds all through the track. And in my mind I associate a color, a shape or other images to each sound I can distinguish. And then I observe how they combine.
It gives you a lot of freedom with your imagination. You can't do the same with other genres.
jetee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jetee »

niminal wrote:less is more
unless you're still making tunes with shuffling congas
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:(some) minimal = pure groove
this, I'm always amazed at how I can listen to Studio Eins days and nights. They got such a wicked groove...
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk