Minimal Spam

- open
db2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Minimal Spam

Post by db2 »

Why is it that every minimal artist/person/label that I add to my myspace always spams my comments with an ad and their beatport player. Nothing personal, not a note, not asking if its ok, but just constantly, everyday my comments are getting nailed with spam, and its 98% from minimal artists and labels. I have more techno and hard techno contacts on my list, but its always the minimal guys spamming me. It's annoying and gets you banned!

:x
humeka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by humeka »

maybe cause a minimal spam is less violent than a hardcore one.

I'm sorry, bad joke, isn't it?

by the way, I can't tell why. I never noticed it before. for me everybody is spamming on myspace.
and I must admit I also leave some spam comments from time to time...
menos160
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by menos160 »

have you tried disabling html comments?
i guess it should work, as long as spammers aren't using ascii art
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Minimal Spam

Post by pheek »

db2 wrote:Why is it that every minimal artist/person/label that I add to my myspace always spams my comments with an ad and their beatport player. Nothing personal, not a note, not asking if its ok, but just constantly, everyday my comments are getting nailed with spam, and its 98% from minimal artists and labels. I have more techno and hard techno contacts on my list, but its always the minimal guys spamming me. It's annoying and gets you banned!

oh man i hear you. You'll never see that from us.
CAG
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Minimal Spam

Post by CAG »

db2 wrote:Why is it that every minimal artist/person/label that I add to my myspace always spams my comments with an ad and their beatport player. Nothing personal, not a note, not asking if its ok, but just constantly, everyday my comments are getting nailed with spam, and its 98% from minimal artists and labels. I have more techno and hard techno contacts on my list, but its always the minimal guys spamming me. It's annoying and gets you banned!

I think that is one of the best reasons for the promotion of a release!, Is not SPAM!
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

menos160 wrote:have you tried disabling html comments?
i guess it should work, as long as spammers aren't using ascii art
If it's good ASCII art then I can't complain too much!
clubfoot
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by clubfoot »

If anyone reads this and thinks it is a good idea to post myspace comments promoting your latest; release / remix / dj mix / dj chart, my advice is to stop.

instead of generating interest, you are pissing me off and making me believe that what I will hear if I click the link will just be more generic beatport rubbish. it makes me think that you are a lame. if your music was worth knowing about I would hear it anyway. with every spammy myspace comment you post you are degrading your artistic image that little bit more.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

I agree.

Pr/commercials/promotion is a bad thing in this world, also for electronic music.

Please keep it underground, very underground and very secret!

:!: :!: