UC33, BCF2000

- ask away
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

UC33, BCF2000

Post by ewinz »

Hey guys,

What did you prefer for studio and live (with ableton live) the UC33 or the BCF2000. I want to buy a cheap midi ctrler. thanks :)
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

I prefer the Behringer unit - v sturdy, feels right and made for chunky man-like hands :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AVX23 wrote:I prefer the Behringer unit - v sturdy, feels right and made for chunky man-like hands :)
do the motorized faders rock? I'm wondering if i really want them. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

but uc33 have more possibilities no? I just want a controller for control my instruments + effects for studio (launch the clip, use the delay, reverb etc) and controlling the track + effects for live
Daegon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Daegon »

I use the UC33. Its very easy to use and it hasnt messed up at all.
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

hydrogen wrote:
AVX23 wrote:I prefer the Behringer unit - v sturdy, feels right and made for chunky man-like hands :)
do the motorized faders rock? I'm wondering if i really want them. :)
I'm not a fan of them - typically i switch it off - it feels really sticky when they are activated and they are very noisy.

Cool for sticking minature cars on top and watching them race tho :)

@ ewinz - yes, the uc33 has more possibilities, but it's personal preference for me, the behringer is very sturdy - I've had vodka spilt all over it, dropped it and generally used it a lot and it works fine - I also like long throw faders that have a bit of slide on them - they just work for me.

The uc33 is a nice box - I know lots of people that use it and I like the layout - I just prefer the behringer. The behringer is limited in some respects and I'd say it's not suitable for controlling vst instruments , but for me that's not a problem as I either have outboard synths or have everything bounced onto audio clips depending on how much time I have to prepare.

good luck in finding the right controller for you :)
ewinz
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ewinz »

thanks for your answer :)