Moritz von Oswald 2 hour lecture

- ask away
intellijel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Moritz von Oswald 2 hour lecture

Post by intellijel »

Huge fan of Maurizio/basic channel et al but I found this whole lecture to be very vague.

You be the judge!

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/vide ... freestyles
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

just watched it.... interesting, but jeeesus he doesn't half go on random tangents, it's almost like he's avoiding answering the question!
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Aren't the BC guys known to be super secretive about gear, techniques, well, about everything really?

Why is he even there :?
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

aallvor wrote:Aren't the BC guys known to be super secretive about gear, techniques, well, about everything really?

Why is he even there :?
he kept smirking from time to time when he was asked a specific question, like he knew that he was not telling the 'whole' story. I also saw him keep wispering in the interviewers ear, perhaps he was giving him the 'real' answers about exactly what gear and production techniques :lol: ;)
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

I think its brilliant! and I also think the answer to why he's doing that is somewhat addressed in the lecture, I guess somethings are very personal. He is very close to his products and I spose you like to keep somethings to yourself, because after all thats what makes it so special for him.. Duno, maybe i'm on crack, but I feel like thats whats going on there.. lovin the horizontal music.. Basic Channel, Maurizio & Rhythm & Sound are untouchable :!:
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

thanks for the link (:
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

Shadi Megallaa wrote: Basic Channel, Maurizio & Rhythm & Sound are untouchable :!:

8)
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

Shadi Megallaa wrote:I think its brilliant! and I also think the answer to why he's doing that is somewhat addressed in the lecture, I guess somethings are very personal. He is very close to his products and I spose you like to keep somethings to yourself, because after all thats what makes it so special for him..
Agree 100%

To add to this, he's always said he wants the music to stand on it's own, which is why he's sitting there playing records almost liek he's inviting intelligent comment, but frankly , the crowd then start asking - did you make wax 1001 etc, which is exactly the wrong question to ask, If they wanted people to know who made that record - they'd put the name on the vinyl, Von Oswald has a deep connection to Hardwax, of course he knows who made that record, but the record is presented as wax 1001 and the producer is anonymous, people should just deal with that and appreciate the record....

The crowd asked the wrong questions basically, that's only but one example, although I did think he was a little elusive when asked some really basic questions about mango walk/drive - didn't sample ? hahahahhahahahahahahahahah - no he just played the chords from the original through a circuit in his ass.

Was wonderful to get a sense of his character and see what his favourite productions were, i think this was a great thing to watch, but let down only by the crowds questions - he comes across as a sincere, warm and intelligent guy - approachable too allbeit elusive about his technique - which is 100% fair enough !