Traktor Scratch "Pro"

- open
Eloquent
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Eloquent »

so now you just have to order "traktor pro update" for the scratch update as well?

there is the 599 version of pro scratch but only the traktor pro update for 99€. But there is no Update Version for Scratch available:shock:
Android
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Android »

greenlantern wrote:i think its great all these technologies are being developed and designed, but ill stick to vinyl myself!
same I have finalscratch 2 and barely touch it.

with all the bells and whistles of this new version
it seems to take away all the work.

laptop dj's are just so :roll:

as a club owner why not just buy a laptop and leave the DJ at home?

I'm not trying to start a rant,
but lusting over software updates is rather pedantic
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:Traktor Pro can now handle 3 or 4 REAL DECKS. 1 Audio8 unit can handle 4 CD players, but if you want to use 2-4 turntables you'll actually need two audio8 units due to the limited number of physical inputs/outputs.

For those thinking about making the switch, the answer is simple really. They both do the same thing. For those who just want to play tracks, Serato is fine. Those who want to "PERFORM" should seriously look at Traktor.
yeah, but you can lock the pitch internally and switch it to another deck. i've messed around with it, but its still a pain in my dck.

that and i like serato a lot more.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

Android wrote: with all the bells and whistles of this new version
it seems to take away all the work.

laptop dj's are just so :roll:

as a club owner why not just buy a laptop and leave the DJ at home?

I'm not trying to start a rant,
but lusting over software updates is rather pedantic
good thing there are boring mechanical djs liek yourself that do no such thing as reading the crowd
freeeeeee
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote: Traktor Pro can now handle 3 or 4 REAL DECKS. 1 Audio8 unit can handle 4 CD players, but if you want to use 2-4 turntables you'll actually need two audio8 units due to the limited number of physical inputs/outputs.
This is not entirely true. First, those of us who had Scratch and Traktor 3 could work with 4 timecode vinyls from the start. The only thing is that Audio8 only have phono pres on the first two channels, but you could always buy 2 external phono preamps and get your turntables 3 and 4 to line level.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

Eloquent wrote:so now you just have to order "traktor pro update" for the scratch update as well?

there is the 599 version of pro scratch but only the traktor pro update for 99€. But there is no Update Version for Scratch available:shock:

you can get all your answers in the NI forum. With traktor pro there will only be one version of traktor for both "only laptop" and scratch users. in other words

traktor scratch pro = traktor pro + audio 8 + timecode vinyl, etc

if you upgrade to Traktor Pro and allready have TS, you will get Traktor Scratch Pro :D
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

so somebody please help me out with this logic...

If I get the previous version of TS for cheaper than $569, then I can upgrade to TS Pro for $100 and end up with the new software for less than the $669 price....

is this right? Or do I need to have T3 as well (thought that was only to get it free)?

Or would I really be best off waiting to just buy the full TS pro package?

thanks
_gilles
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by _gilles »

Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote: Traktor Pro can now handle 3 or 4 REAL DECKS. 1 Audio8 unit can handle 4 CD players, but if you want to use 2-4 turntables you'll actually need two audio8 units due to the limited number of physical inputs/outputs.
I tried to use two AUDIO8 DJ and it doesn't work :/