Ableton Initial Template.

- ask away
balente
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Ableton Initial Template.

Post by balente »

Can you help me with a startup templates for ableton with initial sends effect, operator, sidechain ecc

Es. Use a drum rack o impulse for the kick?
Put 1 Impulse (o drumrack) for the kick- 1 for the clap ecc?

(Es. the kick is the best thing put in a single audio o in the operator?) and sidechining with the bass.

Thanks
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

I'd highly recommend making your own, and knowing what YOU need as a startup template. Every track is different and those templates are usually only to start a track, or to master or whatever, but templates are made to help you accomplish specific tasks (IMO of course).

My start template consists of 8 tracks, namely: kick, snare, hh, percussions, bass / Sub, synth_1, synth_2, pads.
Those all contain empty simpler where i can load anything i feel like loading. I made so that I can draft an idea in the fastest way possible.
I will however change it as soon as I realize it makes me follow always the same music writing path.

Hope this was of some help.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
balente
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by balente »

Thanks Opuswerk. Before i create my own template i'm only curios of know as the other ableton heads start.
Anyone?
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

well...
my template consists of 8 midi channels with some bread & butter stuff.

then 5 return channels (a,b,c,d,e) with 2 compressors, 2 reverb instances, 1 tape delay.
balente
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by balente »

Thank for the info Staffan.
As you use teh compressor in the return channel?
usually i put in specifically track
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

I love templates, they are seriously ill. I like everything set up to start with, so i can twist knobs straight away.

I only really use ableton for pissing about in at the min, but its so felxible i, sure you can come up with something bespoke and to suit your needs. (i.e., do you use samples / synths / both...)
balente
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by balente »

MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I love templates, they are seriously ill. I like everything set up to start with, so i can twist knobs straight away.

I only really use ableton for pissing about in at the min, but its so felxible i, sure you can come up with something bespoke and to suit your needs. (i.e., do you use samples / synths / both...)

Any example please :lol:
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

balente wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:I love templates, they are seriously ill. I like everything set up to start with, so i can twist knobs straight away.

Any example please :lol:
ah come on mate, use your imagination.

what would work someones template might not fit the way u work etc.

what is the breakdown in instruments, synths samples etc and then people can give better advice.