vocal manipulatiion software??

- ask away
chemicalconsciousness
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

vocal manipulatiion software??

Post by chemicalconsciousness »

The first thing to explain is the type of sound im looking for i suppose, Im looking for some software that can make darker more, kind of evil sounds, big fan of dan bell, pan-pot, Louderbach etc vocals...
id like to be able to get whispers so subtle you dont even know your hearing them, slice the vocals in real time, id like to be able to slice and drop pitch at the same time on some kind of beat repeat etc, can anyone advise me on something that can really destroy a voice (saturation, bit-reduction....etc)?! I mean i probably could do half of it on ableton but cant help but feel theres something better out there?....Thanks in advance >chemicalconsciousness :green:
This life is for living
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

You can easily do all of it in ableton. You do not need anything else, just learn ableton better.
chemicalconsciousness
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chemicalconsciousness »

I think it might be the microphone im using more than anything....I heard that the chemical brothers used to record their first songs in the shower, using it like some kind of booth or something. Does this sound realistic or is it time to splash out on a new mic? :|
This life is for living
spacewhitey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spacewhitey »

you can on abe's but melodyne is the sh!t

http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?i ... cts_plugin
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

Kontakt?
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

use the grain delay in live.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
nospin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nospin »

chemicalconsciousness wrote:I think it might be the microphone im using more than anything....I heard that the chemical brothers used to record their first songs in the shower, using it like some kind of booth or something. Does this sound realistic or is it time to splash out on a new mic? :|
what kind of mic are you using?

bad microphones and bad placement and recording techniques might be your first problem.
i wouldn't say you needed a super expensive mic, unless you are recorded a nice vocalist singing...
but even then, a super expensive mic with bad pre-amps, convertors, and bad technique wont get you far either.
jaco
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaco »

resonator + grain delay works good...
waves ultra pitch...if you can't afford them, just make more channels with the same vocal pitched in a different way than put some flanger here and there...
also "singing" in a really high octave and than transposing down gives a nice effect..