Alternatives to Final Scratch/Scratch Live?

- ask away
nonstatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonstatic »

i only tested it briefly at home. i haven't brought it out to a gig yet because i'm not done encoding all my vinyl yet. i keep tabs on their forums though and the users seem pretty happy. i just like to root for the underdog.
simplyadrian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simplyadrian »

nonstatic wrote:i only tested it briefly at home. i haven't brought it out to a gig yet because i'm not done encoding all my vinyl yet. i keep tabs on their forums though and the users seem pretty happy. i just like to root for the underdog.
I have the M-Audio 1814 soundcard... This does not have a phono pre amp built into it, can anybody recomend one? Are they necessary?
01001000011000010110111000100000010100110110111101101100011011110000110100001010
Electron
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Electron »

Anybody here tried denon dn-s3000 / dn-s5000 as an option without pc?
Mini_male
nonstatic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonstatic »

simplyadrian wrote:
nonstatic wrote:i only tested it briefly at home. i haven't brought it out to a gig yet because i'm not done encoding all my vinyl yet. i keep tabs on their forums though and the users seem pretty happy. i just like to root for the underdog.
I have the M-Audio 1814 soundcard... This does not have a phono pre amp built into it, can anybody recomend one? Are they necessary?
djdecks does not require a phono preamp for FS/serato emulation, but you would still need one to use normal vinyl records with that soundcard i think.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

I like the idea of FS, except the idea that you depend on a laptop in hot and wet places..

A friend bought a tascam cd player which he controls with his SL's.
You put this thing on your turntable.
Especially for those who like to scratch a great tool cause it does everything, except skipping.

Only problem is that you have to take your own Tascam cdplayer with you... :lol:

more here
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 000000 »

one of my biggest annoyances with FS is that it doesn't offer rewire support. does anyone know if any of the alternative applications do offer rewire?

perhaps ms. pinky via max/msp?
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

monokreck wrote:i know there is an tutorial to build your own FS, and I know it worked...
the only things you need to buy are the FS code records, some electronic parts and the software offcourse

will see if I can find it for you
i came across one article on google
but the site is down
does anybody know another site with a tutorial to build your own Final scratch/ traktor scratch/ serato device
will be a nice projekt to do
thanks in advance