[THEMA012] City Life • Alka Rex, Function, N. Sauser, Elon

- wax
lula
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lula »

Obtane wrote:Function's track is pure agony. Sounds like someone cutting your skin slowly. So dense. Support, of course...

i completely agree, a bit sadistic sounding isn't it....wow...hot hot hot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Truss »

that function track is wicked
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

Thanks guys! Really glad you like em' Im sure once you hear the others as well, you'll feel differently about em'
Nicholas Saucers Low-end is sooooo low... Oh man. Feels like your seriously fifty feet below ground.

So yeah this is the first installment on the Terra project and I look forward in the next ones as well. Its an on going project so keep your ears to the ground cause there are some very interesting artists participating!

Heres the write up for the each of the tracks on City Life... Thought you guys would get a kick out of it. My friend Chris Malec has a way with words. ;)

Track Descriptions:
A1. Alka_Rex ~ She’s Nuts - A track like this one would be impossible to create without a massive reserve of aural curiosities and a restless passion for innovation. Alka Rex appear to have both. They cut through the floor with clinical, crystalline syncopation. As the beat peels along like a NYC Subway car it reveals the tangled digital guts of a supra-intelligent entity possessing a far greater understanding of rhythm and texture than most men. It must be a woman, and like the title of the track says...

A2. Function ~ Pressure - Truly a unique track, the aptly-named Pressure builds gently within a tiny, hot echo chamber of 276 seconds. A steady slow disco beat draws disembodied voices whispering, panting and stuttering through clusters of twittering high end frequencies reminiscent to NY midtown traffic. Function reins them all in with a hazy growler of a synth line that keeps it slow, sexy and sinister.

B1. Nicholas Sauser ~ Pontegliano - Pontegliano is a smooth descent into a hectic, churning filthy dancefloor 50 feet below the New York City surface. Sharp analogue instrumentation weaves through cool, groaning cavernous beats. The track develops a dense atmosphere that parts only for a wooly bass line--rolling over everything in it’s path, off the floor, out the door and back into the dark. Nicholas Sauser here reveals his prowess for working deep into a mood while maintaining enough sonic variety to hold the interest of discerning ears and feet.

B2. Elon ~ King of Pong - This is the kind of track that seems to seep into your veins if you’re close enough to the PA system. Elon draws a bit from the old school NYC electro rockers to craft something fresh and raw. The delicate timbre of “wood block” percussion bounces off of the bullet-proof low end, effervescing as the frayed synth stabs in time with the beat. All these dynamics and there’s still ample poise for those who just want to sit back and enjoy quality electronica.
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

this ep is pure class.
le K
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by le K »

Big up!!!
le-K aka Sylvain Garcia French Musician/DJ/Producer
http://www.myspace.com/soulsoleilk
http://soundcloud.com/le-k
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

only alka rex is funky for me here, rest is too dark for me
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I like the function track!
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I can't wait for this release. Actually, my fav seems to be the Sauser one. Smart and powerfull darkness.