Pre Made Loops

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

As I showed in my first post I came here to see your opinions..didnt said that I was against the use of pre made loops. I'm just against the fact that, by the fact, of there are so many ( mostly sht ) producers, once that someone come here and ask for help of one shot samples there are posts and posts of laughting and joking about the poor creature () that wanted to start making this kind of music ( seems like it's a kind of music that it's only yours...are you afraid that someone steal it from you? x) ) and when we are talking about using a full loop ...''yeah it's allright''
I cant work out if your trying to stick up for the 'sh!t producers' asking about samples or the people taking the piss out of them? I do agree that there is lots of piss taking on this board, but when reading this forum there are countless threads on 'what hawtin uses, minimal vsti's etc..' and I for one get a bit bored of reading it. Now I know people have to learn, but finding out what synth hawtin uses isnt going to make you any better is it? Infact its just going to create a whole bunch of producers that sound exactly the same, which is half of the problem nowadays.

This board really is a great place to come and learn about music production and other various things related to music, but some people are lazy and expect the board to do all the work for them.

My reply as well about you making music, was not based towards you. It was aimed at everyone moaning about silly things.
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

that's true.

but i'm not here to defend them..just talking about the way some people change their opinion...and wasnt talking about copying effects or samples or whatever..talking about the people that come here and ask for one samples banks...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Who has changed their opinion and what opinion would that be? Your first reply to me really confused me as it makes no sense at all.
alexx.wolfe
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by alexx.wolfe »

forget it...I have some difficulties while expressing me in english :lol:
Rasmus Hedlund
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Rasmus Hedlund »

Sonny- wrote: other tracks like bentseeni from rasmund hedlund are also pure vst sounds with a bassline... not very innovative btu it's their choice, i think this type of stuff happen alot but i don't really aprove, it's their choice...
I'll have to correct you on this one...my track "Bentseeni" hasnt got any other vst except 2 of FL Studios 3xosc's, which i used for the growling synth inserts (the ones that sound like farts :)) ...every other sound is a sample, even the "bassline", which consists of conga samples. The main conga-like sound is also a basic tom drum which i filtered and distorted...
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Rasmus Hedlund wrote:
Sonny- wrote: other tracks like bentseeni from rasmund hedlund are also pure vst sounds with a bassline... not very innovative btu it's their choice, i think this type of stuff happen alot but i don't really aprove, it's their choice...
I'll have to correct you on this one...my track "Bentseeni" hasnt got any other vst except 2 of FL Studios 3xosc's, which i used for the growling synth inserts (the ones that sound like farts :)) ...every other sound is a sample, even the "bassline", which consists of conga samples. The main conga-like sound is also a basic tom drum which i filtered and distorted...

8) who really cares about where sounds come from ? most modern music relies heavily on sampling and preset browsing.
I don't see what's wrong in using a synth preset like a violonist would use his violin. If the sound you were aiming at is a preset sound, then it's better for you.
Using presets or samples aren't going to make you a superstar or a top producer. It's how you use them that is going to make a difference.

@rasmund hedlund you really have some fine music on your myspace ;)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
antibiotic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by antibiotic »

It's really easy and funny to do your own pre-made-loops instead

try that
"Years ago it meant something to be crazy, now everybody is crazy" -Charles Manson
mas chingon
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mas chingon »

in other genres of music, many people will use the same instrument..... a gibson les paul through a marshall head and cab for instance...... using that setup won't make you a rockstar, your songs will.

the use of the tools available will set someone apart.

maybe this is ignorance on my part (i don't know too many other people into minimal), but is the average person at a club dancing to a track going to think to themself "oh, so and so used loop 31b from the mega 8 bit ethno percussion folder from the flopping fish audio minimal house sample cd?"

probably not..... only other producers. and are they the majority of the minimal fan base???