Contakt (Minus where are you going?)

- open
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Celltek wrote:I see where this is going.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q0HMrDefd0
I take it hawtin is load dread as he's gone digital. he's trying to digitize every last human soul :twisted:
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

OK so...

I went to the first of these parties in Detroit during DEMF this past weekend. And I have to say, it was pretty good.

I should also point out that (1), I was not in any way "wasted" to the point of thinking anything sounds good, and (2) if you look at my past comments, you will see that I don't love everything Richie does and I don't think every Minus release is great.

I saw Magda, Paco Osuna, Richie, and Gaiser. All I have to say is that Magda was good that night, Paco Osuna is GOD, and Richie played one of the better sets that I've personally seen from him - let's just say it was MUCH better than his 100th RA podcast. And Gaiser was, well...ridiculously good. He collab'd with Richie for the last hour or so and that was probably one of the best hours of party music for me in the past year.

And btw, the "cube" was there in a glass case off to the side at the entrance. But other than that, there was no mention of any cube or memberships...just a lot of people getting down to some music. I'd go again.

So I'm sorry, I'd love to join the cool group and dis Richie...but it happened to be good! :lol:
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Great to hear that the party went off well, but did you actually see anyone interacting with the cube in futuristic, mystical ways, or did everyone just go past it and to the dancefloor, where they would have been ayway, cube or no cube?
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

miroslav wrote:OK so...

I went to the first of these parties in Detroit during DEMF this past weekend. And I have to say, it was pretty good.

I should also point out that (1), I was not in any way "wasted" to the point of thinking anything sounds good, and (2) if you look at my past comments, you will see that I don't love everything Richie does and I don't think every Minus release is great.

I saw Magda, Paco Osuna, Richie, and Gaiser. All I have to say is that Magda was good that night, Paco Osuna is GOD, and Richie played one of the better sets that I've personally seen from him - let's just say it was MUCH better than his 100th RA podcast. And Gaiser was, well...ridiculously good. He collab'd with Richie for the last hour or so and that was probably one of the best hours of party music for me in the past year.

And btw, the "cube" was there in a glass case off to the side at the entrance. But other than that, there was no mention of any cube or memberships...just a lot of people getting down to some music. I'd go again.

So I'm sorry, I'd love to join the cool group and dis Richie...but it happened to be good! :lol:
I think I found some shots of the event you were at in Detroit. Wasn't that kind of led-network-roof part of the Cube's visual concept? seems a nice idea...

look:
http://detroit.metromix.com/bars-and-cl ... 85/content
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

miroslav wrote: Richie played one of the better sets that I've personally seen from him -
I was sober all weekend - I completely disagree..:?

from the minus camp magda's set was enjoyable but heartthrob's live pa stole the festival..

easily the highlight.. * from what I saw.. - I missed dan bell and mathias kaden

:?
Last edited by John Clees on Wed May 28, 2008 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
apanell
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by apanell »

pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

my highlights from the fest were DBX live and Mathias Kaden. 8)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

pheek wrote:my highlights from the fest were DBX live and Mathias Kaden. 8)
I missed both of those sets....

really really wished I had not..