41%
Only Original
28%

Total votes: 39

s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

vinyl is coming back in a big way. more and more (respected) labels are starting to do vinyl only releases (again) and it will not be long until it becomes a solid standard again. arguments are pointless, only time will tell, i guess its gonna be 2-3 years from now..
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

s.k. wrote:vinyl is coming back in a big way. more and more (respected) labels are starting to do vinyl only releases (again) and it will not be long until it becomes a solid standard again. arguments are pointless, only time will tell, i guess its gonna be 2-3 years from now..
in a big way??

I really can't see that. I see the total opposite thing, that vinyl for sure, more or less will die.
I see more and more labels skipping vinyl's because selling 2-3-400 copies is just a loss, and therefore they go digital only, because they can actually make some money in that field. My guess is that in the end it will only be the big labels with the big and good selling artists that will do vinyl.
Yoshindo-San
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Yoshindo-San »

Zinthek wrote:Impossible to answer. Varies from release to release.
Sure you are right. Unfortunately, I know people who give a sh!t if a release e.g. a remix sounds good (really good, or great). They just like the original... poor, poor souls :(
The best a woman can get.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I don't really care how they come. I don't 1 original track and 3 remixes but 3 originals and 1 remix. Various artist normally have a higher standard and....

can't be bothered to finish my sentence as i don't care.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

Red Kite wrote:
PsyTox wrote:starting to really dislike vinyl more and more. Not only as a dj, but also as a label. What a hassle to release stuff on vinyl... compare that to the ease and professionalism in digital distribution...
Not everything is better just because it is easier. Especially that hassle that goes with releasing vinyl ensures you that someone in the process is really believing in what he is doing, not just throwing out any garbage he can get his hands on. Digital releases are way too easy to release, and that's why I'm not interested in them.
this is the most important point here.

on topic: i just like to find all tracks different to each other in vinyl releases, remixes are usually only aimed to boost the sales but doesn't normally add much quality musicwise. in general terms, that is...
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

zentex wrote: on topic: i just like to find all tracks different to each other in vinyl releases, remixes are usually only aimed to boost the sales but doesn't normally add much quality musicwise. in general terms, that is...
that's also my experience...
lunatik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lunatik »

= will always press vinyl as long as its around and (semi) cost viable
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

aut.t.n wrote:
zentex wrote: on topic: i just like to find all tracks different to each other in vinyl releases, remixes are usually only aimed to boost the sales but doesn't normally add much quality musicwise. in general terms, that is...
that's also my experience...
I disagree. Remixes in most cases add a quality that the original artist could not get. There are so many small labels that simply cant attract the big artists so getting a remix is the next best thing. There is obviously a load of up and coming artists that are quality, but in most cases the people that are in the limelight for example andomat 3000 will supply a sh!t hot remix, which in some cases better then the original.