RIP kalimari

- wax
lula
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lula »

real shame :( wonderful label, with fantastic music and artists...will be missed
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nathan_fr »

sad news ...

but I think that you Pheek, you're a guy who live for the music, you will always do interesting things, Kalimari was a step, now focus on other things, it's not time for regrets, there is so many things to do :) but I'm sure you feel like this ;)

Best wishes from Paris
Nathan
ostrich
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ostrich »

you mentioned something about this last year but
didn't know when it would happen. Sad to see such
a great label fall/be put aside. I must agree with
Jay Haze's standpoint though.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

pheek wrote:
Del wrote:A shame, but not the end of the world.. We still have Archipel :D
*sigh

Yeah well, I hope I can continue makin' it go. Uneasy. Thanks all for your encouraging words.
Archipel will never die! If that happens we know things are going downhill.

Id say maybe offer Kalimari to someone you trust to run it as a digital only label for a bit. Just be involved in the final yes or no whether the track is good enough. Im sure someone you can trust would be willing to take the reigns for a bit and keep it running at a slower pace. As long as the tracks are killer what do you have to lose in the digital market?
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

ostrich wrote:you mentioned something about this last year but
didn't know when it would happen. Sad to see such
a great label fall/be put aside. I must agree with
Jay Haze's standpoint though.
Why are you the only guy from Montreal who cared for Kalimari? There's a bunch of people on this board and you're the only person who posted. Thanks my friend for your always welcomed support...
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

victorgonzales wrote: Id say maybe offer Kalimari to someone you trust to run it as a digital only label for a bit. Just be involved in the final yes or no whether the track is good enough. Im sure someone you can trust would be willing to take the reigns for a bit and keep it running at a slower pace. As long as the tracks are killer what do you have to lose in the digital market?
That has been evaluated and Archipel is going in that direction. We're still checking for some ideas... But I'd rather use all killer tracks I have for Kalimari with Archipel for a better label with more latitude. Although we had a severe lack of demos lately.

So, 3 years ago i had time to run 2 labels, but not now, especially with 50+ contributors, it's really crazy.

Again, I'm really really touched by everyone's comments! It's more in here than everything we got in the label's existence. Don't wait for a label to close to tell it you appreciate it. Sometimes a few good words are worth all the troubles :wink:
markojux
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by markojux »

"Sometimes a few good words are worth all the troubles "

+1

All the best in what ever you decide mate!

Respect from DwnUnda

8)
subtropical
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by subtropical »

Oh wow, sort of shocking news here!

Although I do believe that nothing can hold down your delivery of this musical concept- this is just an instance of things changing form, restructuring, consolidating- combining energy into an effective thrust forward...so we won't be losing anything in reality- your vision will endure and that's what we all want!!!

RIP to a fine label anyway- we'll see those vibes surface strongly in Archipel though...the artists, the sickness...

werk it

8)