[frontdigi001] Ilario Alicante - In Front Of A Pool Table EP

- wax
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

I seriously hope that this track was produced BEFORE Vacaciones en Cile. I was a big fan of that track and I cherished the hope that there is a new talent from Italy who is not interested in that typical italian beep-beep techno. But this ep proves me wrong...

Luckily Shadi knew his business and made a phat remix out of it! :twisted:
Sonny-
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Sonny- »

the problem is actually that everybody expects that every new ep has to be innovative and has to bring something new.

i don't understand the problems people have with the italian sound of minimal. don't like it don't listen, how long has this sound been around?
started in 2004-2005 and it has changed alot since then (uptempo minimal tech as i like to call it) (nad yeah i know italy based minimal tech has been around longer then that, but since then it started to go on big releases)

people are labelling everything to fast as that typical sound for that kind of music, and are costantly on the search for the underground new innovative sh!t.

everbody now who has comments on the italian "beep beep techno" probably said a couple of years back, wow, this is the sh!t
Ilario Alicante
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ilario Alicante »

hi keto....i like to do all...sure that this is before vacaciones but how you ll can hear in the future i ll do various generes....
if one morning i ll get up and i want to do BEEP BEEP CHCHC i ll do that.

if one morning i ll get up and i want to do a chillout track...i ll do that.

i think that if one artist can do various generes and not only one...at this point you can call him artist...completely artist.

i do funky i do techno i do minimal i do LIRICA i do all! sometimes you ll likes sometimes not..and when you don t like maybe it's good for other people that like the genere.
i don't know if i have explain correctly...sorry for my bad english.

Hugs.
I.
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Sonny-
I'm so upset about that style because it sounds nearly always the same (and it sounds very uninspiring). Even the big guys like Vigorito and Cerrone, who were producing funky and fresh music, have chosen the BEEP path. Have you heard their latest release on Alchemy? Embarrassing ...
Of course, there are some good nu-italian techno tracks also but the majority just seems to be following some kind of formula (like: Hawtin would play that)...

Ilario:
Glad to hear it was done before. Producing other styles of music is completely alright as long as one doesn't make pattern-music. I mean, did you think while producing Vacaciones 'mhh... I got to use those hi-hats because others are using it'? Probably not. Keep it up! You seem to have some interesting ideas and I'm sure in the future you will surprise me in a good way once again

It's hard to put into words but I hope at least someone gets the point I tried to make.

Peace! :)
Sonny-
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Sonny- »

yeah i know what u mean, both tracks sound a little inspirationless.. liked cerrone more with his rillis releases and his ep on loose rec. together with karem and some other guys..
nikaj
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nikaj »

jaba wrote:1st place on junodownload minimal/techno bestsellers chart and

out on beatport and kompakt-mp3 from 10th of april !!!
yeah! go front!
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Pabbie.. hahaha.. thats hilarious dood and I LOOVE IT!

Keto, thanks a lot for the nice words brooo.. :twisted:

Just hope more people would try to push things forward and experiment a bit more.. No point in reinventing the wheel.. :idea:
jaba
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jaba »

OUT NOW !