Fabric: worst night club in Europe?

- open
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

What type of crowd was it then?? non music heads/lacoste/drug dealers what? my mate cued for 7 hours to get in and hear 5 hours of hawtin.
Michael^Heaven
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re:

Post by Michael^Heaven »

You might try returning on a not-so-busy Saturday night. I would definitely avoid a 'label night' as such so it's not so rammed with people. Don't let this one bad experience keep you from going back to Fabric. It is, by far, a class venue....sound, staff, & music wise, IMO.

Oh, & hit up room2!!! The last time I was there, it was Terry Francis & Marco Corola back-to-back sets. Woooooosh!!! :twisted:
"So knives out
Cook him up
Squash his head
Put him in the pot "-jz
Chmekas
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re:

Post by Chmekas »

Fabric club? Maybe I'm gettin older, but its is a worst club with the best line up. For me clubbing it is not just about music, its about faces that surrounds. btw, don't go to fabric if you are a girl, cause you will be grabbed by filthy strangers all night :)
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

Saturday was my first time at Fabric. I knew to expect a mixed crowd, and thats what I got.

I thought I was going to get my head kicked in by a bunch of guys in room one that kept staring at me and looking and talking about me. They walked over and turned out to be a group of gay guys, and one of them had taken a shine to me... Phew!

The next incident was getting shoved hard by a guy as I was walking through the rammed room one bar. I shoved him back, he turned around and we argued for a bit. I havent had anything like that before in London, and I go clubbing pretty reguarly.

Still for the most part the crowd were really nice, I think that how rammed it was maybe made people lose their cool, and also if I had to queue for 5+ hours, I would be really angry too!

I will definately go back to Fabric as they book some of my favourite DJs but I hope it isnt always that rammed. I really liked the layout of the place, but it seems that its a little like Egg where as many people who have no real insterest in the music just go there cos they hear that its the best place to go. I stopped going to Egg cos it was just full of wideboys smoking cigars and drinking champaign while trying to give as much attitude as possible.

The other thing was that Hawtins set was really boring to me. I loved it at the end in September, but this time he just seemed to choose a 4 bar loop, pull the base out, drop the volume, wait for a bit then slap it all back in. All the other DJs that I saw that night though, I really enjoyed.
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

MONG CENTRAL IN THERE :lol:

but that was always going to happen

definitely agree about hawtin's set but each to their own

room 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> room 1
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

It sounds like it was just way too crowded!
Clubs should never allow those kinds of situations to occur, it is a fire hazard and dangerous for everyone, besides being unpleasant.
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

One of the best nights out I've had in ages!!!

Magda easily the best there by a long long way!!!

Richie was very experimental with how he was playing tracks, well he wasn't really playing tracks it seemed, he'd mix a track in deconstruct it then reconstruct it then put another song on. Not sure I'm ready for that kind of DJing yet. But the rammed floor probably helped, me not to get it!

Gaiser was as expected better then last year he has changed a bit but not radically.

What I saw of the warm up acts I'd say Rebakah Aff was the best. But I prefer it funky
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Overall I had a very good night, yes it was packed and yes there were some nasty people (whos only worry is drugging up) around but I was already expecting that so it was no surprise.
I managed to see Fabrizio, Rebekah & Carola for a while and then stayed in room 1 for the rest of the night.

Magda was awesome as usual and I also liked Gaiser, I heard some new tunes at least from him which sounded good.
Richie's set was good at times but quite boring at others like some people have mentioned. I didnt like the fact that he would drop the bass for like 5 minutes and then put it on again for 30 seconds and take it off for another while... The tracks sounded amazing and in my opinion he just broke the vibe with this "technique".
I thought the closing hour was quite soft compared to other times i've seen Richie but then I also had a feeling that the room was in a sort of sleepy state... so maybe thats why Richie decided to play those tracks. Dunno, the last hour felt quite weird for me dont know very well how to explain...

Im already feeling withdrawal symptoms from Richie's basslines... nothing sounds good anymore in my loudspeakers.
:P