mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Sneaky »

Only MC I ever enjoyed was Conrad
pantycontrol
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pantycontrol »

i agree that it shouldn't go over 4/4, but broken beat music seems fine as it is a tradition dating back to the beginning of hip-hop's roots before cats like sugarhill gang, kool herc and afrika bambatta started laying vocals or samples in the song. i have only heard MCing over techno done correctly by a local out here(once) that goes by the name of MC Anton Bomb. he sets up a bunch of effects processors and filters as well. i still think he can be hit or miss though.
"that sounds like a dog fart a hand clap"
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

from the livesets i've heard, this practice seems especially common in italy...
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

chrisdisco wrote:from the livesets i've heard, this practice seems especially common in italy...
it's true...
that's the reson why i left...
:D

jk that ain't the only one...
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
strider
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by strider »

DOOMBOT wrote:Best MC from a live recording has to be the MC from Richie Hawtin's Mysteryland set from 2006. :mrgreen:
"Is it from Canada,... I dont know.. I know is music from the heart"

GOld!:)
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

the guy who has taken it upon himself to be radio slave's MC makes listening to this new set particularly painful:

Radio Slave @ Planet Rose invites Earth 09-02-2008

http://www.mediafire.com/?bjfxdmgttw1
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

yeah its just appaling....the absolute, absolute worst is when white guys put on accents and mc over reggae. It troubles me to think i am from the same type of animal as these "people" when i hear it. Its so, so embarresing, and surely everyone knows that their is no legitimacy in what they are saying. And often especially parroting things that can be understood (though not excused) in cultural terms as well.

I ALWAYS feel it ruins the music, cause instead of listening to the track i am staring, wide eyed in disbelief at the safe middle class white boy throwing out half understood misogynist cliches over tracks that actually meant something to the people who wrote them.

Gonna log out and go to bed before this becomes to ridiculous.

Good night all.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

the mc culture absolutley ruined drum and bass and kinda gave birth to chavs standing in the dark corners tryin to kick off with people and pinchin ur mrs arse.I fuckin hated Bassman,he just used to talk about women he'd like to fck and race issues,great.
The italian mc thing is usually just someone keep shoutin the dj's name with a bit of delay on the mic or whatever,which is probably even more annoying than shouting incomprehensible sh!t in a ragamuffin styleeee..!rant over..