audiostatic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiostatic »

livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

partition your hard-drive, get a windows cd, hopefully you can find the drivers you need, reformat and instal something like tiny xp...

sorry if these means nothing i am drunk.
kristofason
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kristofason »

livecollective wrote:partition your hard-drive, get a windows cd, hopefully you can find the drivers you need, reformat and instal something like tiny xp...

sorry mate ur slurrin there a bit.

im gonna go back to xp soon i think,this is fuckin sh!t,glitchin,poppin,audio drop outs...wank
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

livecollective wrote:partition your hard-drive, get a windows cd, hopefully you can find the drivers you need, reformat and instal something like tiny xp...

:D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

kristofason wrote:

sorry mate ur slurrin there a bit.

im gonna go back to xp soon i think,this is fuckin sht,glitchin,poppin,audio drop outs...wank
Tiny XP is cool. It works well on very old computers. I put Beast Edition on an old Dell 500mhz Pentium II and now it's better than ever.

Just make sure that you can get all of the right drivers for your machine. :)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

my laptop died recently, and i had to buy an emergency one in time for a tour, i got a dell 6400 duo core, they normally come with vista, but luckily my geek mate told me that vista was totally crap, so i paid extra and got XP.
i also had to buy a soundcard cos my old one was PCcard and the dell only had express card slot, so i got a USB NI Audio KOntrol, and it still crackled and popped and sounded like sh!t.
the only thing that sorted it, was to disable absolutely everything and remove every bundled program, so i had a clean XP, (google desktop is apparently really bad) and run the soundcard on a high latency setting.
i bought the Audio Kontrol because it was highly recommended on the ableton forum, but i'm not that impressed to be honest, the sound quality isnt that amazing (running ableton 7), it definitely doesnt like the shared graphics card, and does weird things like refusing to shut down unless you pull out the USB lead. sorry, starting to rant about my soundcard unnecessarily.
romka
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by romka »

hi,

got a vaio vgn-fe48m that came along with vista. just throwed in a win xp cd, formatted my harddrive and installed good old xp on my laptop.

I had some problems with the drivers, because sony only got vista drivers for that laptop. so i took some drivers from the last notebook that comes with xp and everything works fine...

CAUTION: install the service pack 2, cause of the SATA drivers!

just invest some time!!

greetz
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

steevio wrote: i also had to buy a soundcard cos my old one was PCcard and the dell only had express card slot
hmm what was the "old" one? multiface?
i had to buy a sony vaio because of the pc card slot... and it is so difficult to go away from rme intefaces :wink: