Post by Jamal »

Love the track : Psychometry vol .3 : a1 3.0 :lol:
Label : Trapez
trak660
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by trak660 »

Red Kite wrote:
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE wrote:Thomas Melchior is the master of jaunty music IMO....
But this guy is just the total opposite of a "punchy kick". Honestly, I can't stand the kicks in Melchior's music. They are totally absent. It's more a modest litte "pok pok" than a "boom boom". No drive, no energy.

I know I'm probably the only one on this board but I consider Melchior's contemporary productions highly overrated. I listened to his Perlon lp four times in record stores; I heard tracks of it on the floor, but I never found anything impressing in it.
Melchoir is definitely not a sound that's for everybody, but I give him credit for being unique.
I do think that there should always be a little more "jack" going on, punchy or not! :lol:
Andre schrama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Andre schrama »

haha i dont know if im making groovy enough for you ! check myspace.

or else youve got enough groovy minimal-house!

just search beatport.com and you will find what you want.
theirs a lot of music.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I do search Beatport but it's hard work finding stuff which is groovy and by someone i don't know. It feels like it's the same artists and labels i'm buying from all the time.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

Andre schrama wrote:haha i dont know if im making groovy enough for you ! check myspace.

or else youve got enough groovy minimal-house!

just search beatport.com and you will find what you want.
theirs a lot of music.
you will find a lot of crap.

sry, couldn't help it. :oops:
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
AVX23
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AVX23 »

If you like stuff like that, you'd do well to check some of the following artists :

todd sines (particularly his old stuffo n Peacefrog - not so much his newer stuff).

tobias Schmidt (again - stuff from a certain era, the stuff he did for Sativae and drought for example)

russ gabriel (his old ferox gear uses a lot of that sort of style in terms of his drums).

christian vogel (it's a little different but get his never engine on tresor - it's more "weeee whoop" than funky punchy drums, but it fits with this style well)

(by wee whoop I just mean a pichshifted distorted synwave going weee wooooo) heheh

Neil landstrumm - his newer gear most definately is a million miles away from this, but his older gear on peacefrog again is essential for that sorta heavy jacking swing.

Daniel Bell - shouldn't really need any intro, but yeah - spocks brain etc, vampirealla mixes, loosing control etc all use similar drum programming.

This is of course from a techno perspective - there's a lot of chicago style house hwich fits this as well, but with less abstract sounds on the melodies etc.

There is of course lots of newer producers doing htis too, but I don't listen to a lot of new stuff I'm afraid.

**Edit - actually - Kevin Gorman on Gigilo is probably worth checking too on this tip.
Andre schrama
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Andre schrama »

robot , you are right.
I know.

But their is good stuff 2.
if you think everythings crap i suppose you dont like this music anymore.
but i know what you mean.
I think A lot of songs just sound the same.
Just A copy of other artist.

But still their are a lot of inspiring musician in minimal-land.

thats what i think :D
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

[OT]I like this music mucho, thank u, but on beatport its allmost impossible to find quality new sht... Even most new stuff on 12" is totally suffering the lack of edgyness... (and exceptio confirmat regulam ;))

but I think this is not the topic
rant over[/OT]
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...